Pro Wrestling Only

[1999-09-10-CMLL] El Hijo del Santo & Emilio Charles Jr & Negro Casas & Olimpico vs Black Warrior & Blue Panther & Dr Wagner Jr & Ultimo Guerrero

Loss

• 1 month later...

Now this is what I’m talking about. It doesn’t hurt that the match is filled with quite a few guys I love, but I like how they work this. It’s all action from the beginning and then they sustain it. Great finish to the first fall with Olimpico eating that top rope backwards thing. It’s still weird seeing Santo and Casas on the same team but Casas has great babyface fire - I’m really impressed at how well he can switch things up. Olimpico gets incredible hang time on his top rope crossbody that set off the fall two finish. Love Negro Casas going after Dr. Wagner Jr. Now there’s a feud I could get into. Really hot third fall with Santo shining both working from underneath and showing his great athleticism and fluidity. The Santo-Panther showdown was really presented as something special. Here’s the CMLL I’ve been looking for. It’s on the short side but still great, and I’m glad we got what we got.

• 7 months later...

Good match but not on the level of the Casas/Santo vs Bestia/Scorpio matches earlier in the year. Weird seeing Emilio as a tecnico. Santo is just on a whole other level from everyone else. So fluid withe his moves. Black Warrior has one of the best topes ever here. Clean finish was also weird.

• 4 months later...

This ended up frustrating me more than anything. When Dr Wagner Jr is my 5th favourite Luchador in a match then you've got an incredible talent lineup. There was also had a red hot crowd. Just let them go at it and you can't go far wrong. The action started off hot with Santo looking outstanding. The problem was the crippling time restrictions. 9m of action over 3 falls showed the downward direction this company was headed in. I mean what other content on the show could make it justifiable cutting time out here? Mistakes began to creep in during the 3rd as it was rush, rush, rush. Overall it was pretty good, but what might have been?

• 3 months later...

Tons of great workers and spots in this match. The match doesn't ever reach an epic level but when you have Casas and Panther whipping each other, I am satisfied. The highlight for me was the rudo domination in the first fall with some brutal double team moves. It was nice to see Santo showcase himself at the end as the perennial tecnico. ****

• 1 year later...

Bombs upon bombs upon bombs. Just guys killing each other all over the place. I could have watched this go 3 times as long, which may hold it back from true MOTY status, but it was great while it lasted. Casas is murdered by a Wagner Driver at the finish and shows what a true man he is by cutting a promo while being stretchered out.

• GSR changed the title to [1999-09-10-CMLL] El Hijo del Santo & Emilio Charles Jr & Negro Casas & Olimpico vs Black Warrior & Blue Panther & Dr Wagner Jr & Ultimo Guerrero