Pro Wrestling Only

[1999-09-20-WWF-Raw] Jeff Jarrett & Debra vs Test & Stephanie McMahon

Loss

• 1 month later...

Jeff Jarrett puts a figure four on the makeup girl before the match. I can't figure out if admitting that there's a makeup girl is breaking kayfabe or not. I suppose this was Stephanie's first match. Test does all the work on Jarrett, then tags Stephanie in to get the pin. Debra never tags in, but post-match, Jeff blames her for the loss and puts her in the figure four to big heat for a change.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Nothing match but it is jarring watching Steph just 10 months later parade around compared to here. Really all four of these men in the next 10 months have a big difference. Steph gets the pin which is a fun spot even if its a little eye rolling to see the IC champ get pinned by someone in their first match. 3/4*

• 2 months later...

Honestly I think Stephanie is really wasted having her first official match in this capacity. It was inevitable that she was going to get in the ring at some point, but it needed to be in a higher-profile program than this. Of course, with Sable gone there's no actual women on the McMahons' level, either. Maybe all the more reason to wait.

Jarrett gets the biggest heel reaction of his life for attacking Debra afterward. It's cheap, but I have to give the devil his due: if the woman-beating gimmick works, it works.

• GSR changed the title to [1999-09-20-WWF-Raw] Jeff Jarrett & Debra vs Test & Stephanie McMahon