Pro Wrestling Only

[1999-10-11-NJPW-Final Dome] Jushin Liger vs Kendo Ka Shin

Loss

• 1 month later...

Last few minutes. Not a particularly strong match. While it's easy to put a lot of that on Kashin, Liger was starting to slip at this point, and in some additional matches I watched, Otani and Kanemoto were pretty easily ahead of him as workers. Liger regains the IWGP Jr. Title.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Liger was still very good, but Kashin sucks. He works that lousy half-heelish/half mediocre submission style, with no focus nor charisma. Total failure of a champion and character. NJPW really had issues with their masked characters at this point, as I seem to remember Minoru Tanaka really struggled as Heat.

• 2 years later...

The charisma is a big factor for Kashin as I continue to contend on average in the history of junior workers he isn't that bad its just that he is pushed to the level of the GOAT in Liger and ultra charismatic and talented dudes in Otani and Kanemoto. I thought the action here was pretty fun and the top rope brainbuster was a brutal way to end it.

• 2 months later...

After a long period of mostly indifference watching these Yearbooks I'm starting to see why people are so down on Ka Shin, as I thought he choked pretty badly in a major Dome title match. He has nice takedowns into the cross armbreaker but little else, and I have to say this wasn't really one for the Great Liger Performances Box Set either. I glanced over at a football game for 2 seconds and suddenly the match was over out of nowhere.

• GSR changed the title to [1999-10-11-NJPW-Final Dome] Jushin Liger vs Kendo Ka Shin