Photo

Jeff Jarrett vs Chyna (WWF No Mercy 10/17/99, Good Housekeeping Match)

WWF WWE No Mercy October 17 1999 Jeff Jarrett Chyna Title Changes Cleveland OH

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 43472 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 08:31 PM

Talk about it here.

#2 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 43472 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 11:10 PM

This is quite the sports entertainment match. They use all sorts of household cleaning items as weapons. Chyna makes a pretty decent effort here. Jarrett gets the win after hitting Chyna with the IC title, but the ref restarts the match because he used a championship belt, which is not a household item. Chyna catches Jarrett with a guitar shot when he's about to put the ref in a figure four and wins the IC title.

#3 Tim Evans

Tim Evans
  • Members
  • 4022 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 01:40 AM

No wonder Jarrett held up Vince for more money to do this match. He carries Chyna to a respectable match while getting hit with such weapons as pies, a kitchen sink and powder. Not sure why they needed to do a Dusty finish though. Lawler spends most of the match cat calling his wife who leaves with Chyna to become her slave.

#4 Zenjo

Zenjo

Lost in Time

• Members
  • 2142 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 12:09 AM

At the time Chyna was my least favourite wrestler, so I can't imagine I was too enamoured by this. The prestige of the IC Title had already been shot to pieces this year. I don't recall this stipulation ever being repeated. Jarrett departs, never to return. Yet.

#5 tim

tim
  • Members
  • 1442 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 08:56 PM

Hey, this was a lot of fun!  Lots of bells and whistles, no down time, simple but effective match structure: Chyna takes it to Jarret in the beginning with weapons shots, goes through a table to put Jarrett in control and an effective re-start finish with a good, decisive ending.  In fact, this might actually be one of the best WWF matches of the year.  Even top 10?  Maybe.

#6 soup23

soup23
  • Moderators
  • 10258 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:31 AM

This was straight Memphis bullshit but a fun match and kudos to Jarrett for making Chyna look competent in this setting. The false finish actually helped build drama to this moment and I did think JR and King on commentary do a strong job of putting over the win and the ramifications of it. **3/4 

#7 JHawk

JHawk
  • Members
  • 918 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:12 AM

I thought the match was fun but hated the Dusty Finish (why would Teddy Long have even counted the pin if the pin wasn't going to count anyway?).  Fun for what it was though.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: WWF, WWE, No Mercy, October 17, 1999, Jeff Jarrett, Chyna, Title Changes, Cleveland OH

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users