Pro Wrestling Only

Bully Ray

Grimmas

He would rank high if this was the Top 100 Worst Wrestlers of All-Time. Granted, I haven't seen *any* stuff of his from 2010-present, but I've seen just about everything previous and he, flat out, is just not good.

Zero athleticism.

Overrated promo; much like Shane Douglas, he has to curse and/or scream in his promos to overcome the lack of substance.

He doesn't have the resume of matches that I would expect from a GOAT candidate. Outside of matches where inanimate objects are the star and the wrestlers the supporting cast, I dare say he has less *decent* matches than any other nominee.

I will give him credit in his bumping which I would say is his best attribute. From what I hear the Bully Ray gimmick is where he found his niche, but too little, too late.

I don't think it gets him anywhere near this list or anything, but to be fair to him, if you haven't seen him as Bully Ray you're missing out on his best work in the ring and as a singles wrestler. Like, by leaps and bounds. He's completely transformed. I highly recommend watching the following matches.

vs AJ Styles (Last Man Standing) - TNA Slammiversary 2011

vs Austin Aries - TNA Sacrifice 2012

He won't make my list, but I absolutely have to give him a lot of credit for the Bully run. Even when the product has been bad, he constantly puts in really solid bell to bell stuff along with great character and promo work.

Agreed. Aces and eights were dead in the water about 8 months before they finished up in autumn 2013 if not for him. Liked his work throughout that year with Hardy, Sabin, Styles and Anderson.

I did see a few of the pimped matches and promos from his TNA run and he still sucked. Everything about him from his look to his mic skills to his matches were average to poor. Probably easy to look decent when you are surrounded by the cesspit that is TNA, but he shouldn't even be in the conversation here. Who the fuck nominated him? Dylan?

I did see a few of the pimped matches and promos from his TNA run and he still sucked. Everything about him from his look to his mic skills to his matches were average to poor. Probably easy to look decent when you are surrounded by the cesspit that is TNA, but he shouldn't even be in the conversation here. Who the fuck nominated him? Dylan?

I'm not going to die on a hill for Bully Ray, who I don't even like very much, but his promos are far from poor, especially during the Aces & Eights period (including the run up) when they were flat out great.

Also he isn't Misawa, but the Aries matches in particular were really good. Aries is excellent and had a hand in that for sure, but they were really good big man/little man matches that fit the Bully character to a tee.

Bully really had a handle on his gimmick and did a fine job during that period, even if A&8 ran stale quickly.

^ I certainly think that meaning is fine, and I didn't intend to call out yours per se. It wasn't the first response and a couple days had passed. I think it's a fair question if the nominator hasn't added their piece.

I think in other times it can read as "Surely there must be a clerical error that this name would appear in this forum", which can be off-putting.

I'll go this far with that run.

Had it occurred in Memphis in 1982, he'd be a top 50 contender with a lot of people here.

Like a lot of people being discussed, the anti TNA bias (which is understandable) is hurting resumes.

Are these little potshots at the forum necessary? In my experience here, people are generally pretty willing to give credit where it's due, no matter the promotion or era.

I wasn't being confrontational really, just honestly amazed that someone had nominated him and wondered if someone would come and back it up.

I'm with BillT. The "Who nominated him?" and other incredulous comments that wrestler X could even be in this conversation are opposed to the very spirit of the project

Things are subjective, but when someone is so far below the rest of the nominees incredulity is only to be expected. If someone nominates Kid Rock as one of the greatest artists of all time on a forum full of dedicated music fans, they are going to be met with astonishment and asked to back it up.

Had it occurred in Memphis in 1982, he'd be a top 50 contender with a lot of people here.

Like a lot of people being discussed, the anti TNA bias (which is understandable) is hurting resumes.

Are these little potshots at the forum necessary? In my experience here, people are generally pretty willing to give credit where it's due, no matter the promotion or era.

Where is the potshot?

The Bully run last year was very Memphis like. The promos, thw angles, the style of work. People here like Memphis. Nobody here pays attention to TNA. Other nomination threads make that clear. I think people who dig Memphis would see some things they liked in that Bully run.

Where is the potshot?

The Bully run last year was very Memphis like. The promos, thw angles, the style of work. People here like Memphis. Nobody here pays attention to TNA. Other nomination threads make that clear. I think people who dig Memphis would see some things they liked in that Bully run.

I watched more TNA in 2013 than at any other point due to reading Scott's recaps for the site and peeping an interest at stuff he praised. I really enjoyed Bully's run and thought he did an admirable job but I never thought we were seeing anything comparable to Dutch, Dundee, Lawler or Idol in their prime. I also don't think his work was on par with the first three in their prime and I am not ranking promo ability or angles in my overall listing.