Pro Wrestling Only

Top 50(or 100) of 2014

concrete1992

Posted this on Voices of Wrestling's new forum but might not get traction there. Might not get traction here. Actually I didn't post here first because I figured most would be working on GWE stuff but hey, you never know.

Didn’t know where to put this topic but since I plan on posting this on the internet I thought I’d post it here. Now, I write for 4 Corners Radio, Free Pro Wrestling, and my own blog called Spandex Are Still Cool. I’ll either post it on 4CR or SASC but why not give FPW the extra attention? I wanted to have VOW do a poll type thing for this but I don’t see that happening so I’m going into business for myself. I MAY make it a Top 100 if I’m feeling saucy. Well, I’ll do a Top 100 but probably won’t do write-ups for 50 of them.

Purpose of this topic is to generate names that I need to see more of to make sure I’ve made the list. I’m looking for more middle of the pack and later guys. Who do you think should really be getting more praise than they have. Here’s my VERY rough Top 50. Guys will move up and down. The Top 2 are by far the closest to set but again, you never know.

1 Hechicero CMLL
2 Sheamus WWE
3 Virus CMLL
4 Shinsuke Nakamura NJPW
5 Cesaro WWE
6 AJ Styles US INDY
7 Luke Harper WWE
8 Cavernario CMLL
9 Negro Casas CMLL
10 Tomohiro Ishii NJPW
11 Timothy Thatcher US INDY
12 KUSHIDA NJPW
13 Cachorro CMLL
14 Jun Akiyama AJPW
15 Matt Hardy US INDY
16 Dean Ambrose WWE
17 Dragon Lee CMLL
18 Rush CMLL
19 Jimmy Uso WWE
20 Jey Uso WWE
21 Seth Rollins WWE
22 Drew Gulak US INDY
23 Nick Jackson US INDY
24 Matt Jackson US INDY
25 Satoshi Kojima NJPW
26 Titus Oneil WWE
27 Cedric Alexander US INDY
28 Titan CMLL
29 Blue Panther CMLL
30 Kohei Sato BJPW
31 Kota Ibushi NJPW
32 Goldust WWE
33 Tamoaki Honma NJPW
34 Katsuyori Shibata NJPW
35 Tetsuya Naito NJPW
36 Biff Busick US INDY
37 Ryback WWE
38 John Cena WWE
39 Daniel Bryan WWE
40 Aerostar AAA
41 Chris Hero US INDY
42 Puma CMLL
43 Tiger CMLL
44 Jushin Liger NJPW
45 Jack Swagger WWE
46 Fuego CMLL
47 Hanson US INDY
48 Josh Alexander US INDY
49 Jay Briscoe US INDY
50 Mark Briscoe US INDY

Feel free to post your own little lists.

Explain to me the appeal of LuFisto cause I haven't gotten in from the admittedly minimal experience with her from the past couple years.

That's hard to peg down, but she's fashioned a lot like a monster type wrestler. She's not strong like Kong, or intimidating like Havok, but she's a mauler who comes and comes and comes and never gives up. She's relentless and it carries over in her wrestling, but I also find her to be very adept at selling, timing, and a host of other intangibles.

Hmm...

- Kento Miyahara had good matches with Akiyama, Suwama and Akebono this year.

- Suwama also had a very good match with Go Shiozaki just recently that was a borderline MOTYC imo.

- I've enjoyed most of what I've seen of Masakatsu Funaki this year, especially his Wrestle-1/ZERO1 feud with Kohei Sato.

- Shane Haste and Mikey Nicholls have been a solid team this year in NOAH, including one very good match against Daisuke Sekimoto and Yuji Okabayashi.

- For that matter Sekimoto himself had a good BJW match with Shinobu.

- Caifan had very good matches with Hechicero and Karonte on the Monterrey indies.