Pro Wrestling Only

Oddest IRL wrestling couples

SteveJRogers

I'm watching PPVs from the late 2000s-early 2010s, and watching the performances of LayCool and something struck me as funny.

OF COURSE I know they are just characters, but considering how much of the real Mark Calaway has been in the Undertaker character since the American Badass days, it seems odd to picture Undertaker with Michelle McCool's WWE "mean cool girls" personae.

Another seemingly incongruous IRL couple of wrestling characters that comes to mind would be Beth Phoenix and Edge from his Christian tag team days up to his turn and change towards The Rated R Superstar in 2004. But then again, Beth's on screen character was connected to Santino, so who knows!

I always thought Megumi Kudo and Hido was an odd couple (at least based on their wrestling personas).

Yeah, that was like the most shocking thing that Kudo the workrate fans darling and beautiful woman was married with that sleazy looking shitty garbage wrestler Hido. Well, I guess people were jealous, as Hido was not that bad and actually quite fun at times. Still, quite the odd couple for FMW fans.

And of course, Kevin Sullivan & Woman.

Nah. Sullivan was not a bad looking dude when he was younger, and was in terrific shape too.

On the other hand, Stacy Keibler and David Flair. Never quite figured it out. I guess he was a charming young man in private.