Pro Wrestling Only

[1999-10-30-ECW-TV] Jerry Lynn vs Yoshihiro Taijiri

Loss

• 2 weeks later...

Great match that's not worked like you might expect it to be, as they take the aggression way up to play off of the recent attack angle. Tajiri shows his sadistic side and really is awesome at mixing in his highspots with barbaric heel stuff. Give credit to both guys for doing things you don't see from them as part of their usual routine. They really worked hard to get this over as a hate-filled match. My write-up isn't really doing this justice but it's excellent.

• 8 months later...

Tajiri goes nuts going after Jerry's injured ribs and choking him. I liked Lynn blocking the mist with a steel chair. Jerry gets busted open This is a lot more hate filled than what was going on in ECW at the time. Kinda like how the Taz/Tajiri feud should have been. They try to get the crowd into it but all they do is yell at Corino.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Yoshihiro Tajiri vs Jerry Lynn - ECW 10/30/99

Wait! Tajiri wrestled other people in ECW besides Crazy & Guido??!?! Tajiri injured Lynn's ribs prior to this match. Great intensity from both men something that Lynn is usually sorely lacking. Lynn did a good job selling his ribs early even on things like doing his own back suplex. This really gave Tajiri a target to work on. Tajiri came to play with his chops and kicks. Dropkick to the head, which is a staple. The chair shot to the head busted Lynn open. What really put this over the top for me was Tajiri driving a wrench into the open wound and then choking Lynn with his sash. Lynn choking in turn and then the sight of him bloodied but coming back with chairshots and German suplex was great. Loved using the chair to block the Green mist. Got a little my your turn down the stretch. Loved the backbreaker out of the tombstone by Tajiri. Really liked Tajiri's performance, but could have stayed more focused on the ribs. Lynn gets cradle piledriver, which calls in Corino and the Living Legend Jack Victory that did get me to chuckle. In all the hullabaloo, Tajiri recovers RED MIST TO THE FACE and kicks his head off, BRAINBUSTAHHHHHH for the win. Best Tajiri match thus far and probably the best Lynn singles match I have ever seen. Blood and intensity carry this match. ****

• 11 months later...

Good match. I'm not as enamored with it as everyone else, as it's more of a good TV main event than a GREAT MATCH, and boy did that fucking crowd chant sour me on the whole viewing experience. A few other of the ECW Arena mutants clearly tried to get them to shut up, but that was a lot of people.

• GSR changed the title to [1999-10-30-ECW-TV] Jerry Lynn vs Yoshihiro Taijiri