Worst Professional Wrestler Ever?

• Please log in to reply
278 replies to this topic

#21 pantherwagner

pantherwagner
  • DVDVR 80s Project
  • 1192 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 02:58 PM

I saw him in France too in a shitty promotion that had a few episodes on TV in 91 or so. I remember guys like Carlos Plata, Johnny Saint or Doc Dean showing up too, along with some French wrestlers (the "star" and owner of the promotion was a guy named Flesh Gordon. Yep.)

The EWF episodes from Eurosport... I forgot about those.

Regal, Owen, Benoit, Iizuka, HERODES and random superworkers showed up, on the other hand you had Flesh Gordon, who was horrible, and gimmicks like TRAVESTI MAN. Yes, his name was THE TRANNY. He was a fat short dude wearing polka dots who actually was a tremendous bumper.

#22 PeteF3

PeteF3
  • Members
  • 9187 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 03:02 PM

Worst Japanese wrestler who went to proper major league dojo training: Ryuma Go?

Hiroshi Wajima, though I would question how "proper" his true dojo experience was, or if he got the Bad News Allen express treatment. He was still godawful, though.

And yes, El Gigante had enough of a "real career" to qualify, though if you go by Fantastic's criteria absolving guys who just "fell into the business") he wouldn't.

#23 Kronos

Kronos

Space Mountain

• Members
  • 1027 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 03:44 PM

What about Velvet Sky? She came up through the indies, seems to really love the business, and has been a top star in TNAs knockouts division - including around 2008-09 when the KOs were the best thing about the program.

And yet, she always looks green when the bell rings. And as a talker she's just okay.

And as long as I've gone the TNA route: How about Abyss? Even when I was actively followed the promotion (pre-Hogan), I would often skip over his stuff.

#24 Memphis Mark

Memphis Mark
  • Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 03:47 PM

The answer is George  Gulas . Everyone else is just wrestling for second place.

#25 El-P

El-P
  • Members
  • 8862 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 03:57 PM

I saw him in France too in a shitty promotion that had a few episodes on TV in 91 or so. I remember guys like Carlos Plata, Johnny Saint or Doc Dean showing up too, along with some French wrestlers (the "star" and owner of the promotion was a guy named Flesh Gordon. Yep.)

The EWF episodes from Eurosport... I forgot about those.

Regal, Owen, Benoit, Iizuka, HERODES and random superworkers showed up, on the other hand you had Flesh Gordon, who was horrible, and gimmicks like TRAVESTI MAN. Yes, his name was THE TRANNY. He was a fat short dude wearing polka dots who actually was a tremendous bumper.

I never actually saw that on Eurosport, only saw a few episodes on national TV TF1. Damn, I missed some stuff that seems awesomely random. Here's a vintage match with Flesh Gordon & Prince Zephy, the two babyface "stars" :

(and yeah, you've got the French equivalent of rednecks in the audience)

(damn, there was actually some pretty good stuff here from Zephy & Jessy Texas. The valet holding the ropes each time his guy makes a tag is a great gimmick too).

#26 The Chief

The Chief
  • Members
  • 1592 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 03:58 PM

Charlie Norris.

#27 Tim Evans

Tim Evans
  • Members
  • 4022 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 05:45 PM

Gronda/GROON XXX easily. That guy is still going strong to this day. Does Rosa Mendes count?

#28 conker8

conker8
  • Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 05:46 PM

Worst woman from Japan: I was going to say Shark Tsuchida from FMW but her crony with the orange hair (can't remember her name) was even worse. The FMW women's division was atrocious except for the ex-AJW trainees anyway.

Worst Japanese wrestler who went to proper major league dojo training: Ryuma Go?

Is that the same who had a good serie with Fujinami in the 70's ?

#29 JerryvonKramer

JerryvonKramer
  • DVDVR 80s Project
  • 11324 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 06:22 PM

mRWqrGqlPFVzE1N1vARBTxA.jpg

#30 anotherspammer

anotherspammer
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 06:25 PM

I've legitimately enjoyed matches from way too many guys mentioned already, even Abyss, but I have never found anything redeeming about Ken Kennedy/Anderson.

#31 ButchReedMark

ButchReedMark

#TogetherStronger

• Members
  • 632 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 06:45 PM

Would the Harris Brothers be on anyone else's list? They are real faeces as far as I'm concerned.

#32 Busterira

Busterira
  • DVDVR 80s Project
  • 159 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 06:51 PM

I know this thread is geared for career guys (Great idea by the way) but I couldn't help but think of "Judo" Joe Black. I have only seen one match of his and it was against Ken Patera.  Its on youtube but I assume I can't post it here. Its unintentionally hilarious. I think there was a reason he was never seen again.

Can't argue against Tiger Jeet Singh. I laughed seeing George Gulas name. Poor guy but man was he bad.

Does the Great Antonio qualify?

#33 NintendoLogic

NintendoLogic

Grim and frostbitten

• Members
  • 2735 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 07:12 PM

How about Velvet Sky? She's not some model that John Laurinaitis picked out of a catalog. She went to an actual wrestling school, worked the indies, paid her dues...and she's still just as bad as any FCW bikini contest participant.

#34 goc

goc

A disgrace to Joe Blanchard

• Members
  • 7421 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 07:12 PM

Ron Pope aka Mighty Zulu is a guy that worked for a long time but every time I've seen him pop up on tape, he sucks. He was a popular pick for this topic over on Wrestling Classics, and having seen him in some California footage recently I can see why.

1r7tif.jpg

#35 Kil

Kil
  • Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 07:23 PM

- Dennis Knight/Mideon/Henry O Godwinn

Dennis Knight/Mideon was Phineas, not Henry (Mark Canterbury). 

#36 Cross Face Chicken Wing

Cross Face Chicken Wing
  • Members
  • 1197 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 07:41 PM

Randy Orton.

#37 WingedEagle

WingedEagle
  • Members
  • 5139 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 08:33 PM

Kane?  No, not the worst.  But given how long he's been booked so often he definitely has a craptastic resume.

#38 Memphis Mark

Memphis Mark
  • Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 08:35 PM

Randy Orton.

Randy Orton is terrible. He must be the mailman's kid . However Randy Orton is no George Gulas . George was so bad he out he  put his dad  out of  business.

#39 Matt D

Matt D

4:40

• Members
  • 10262 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 08:37 PM

How much Jet Set footage exists?

#40 MikeCampbell

MikeCampbell

80% of crazy!

• Members
  • 2142 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 08:44 PM

Would it be bad form and/or stealing anyone else's thunder to say "Bulldog" Bob Brown?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users