Worst Professional Wrestler Ever?

• Please log in to reply
278 replies to this topic

#41 TRMD

TRMD
  • Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 08:45 PM

Kane?  No, not the worst.  But given how long he's been booked so often he definitely has a craptastic resume.

There can't be another guy in WWE history with as many flat out mediocre matches as Kane. Considering 99% of the matches in his career were either awful or meh.

#42 sek69

sek69

Winnipeg Arena's gonna be on fire

• Members
  • 10272 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 08:47 PM

Surprised no one mentioned Sabu yet. At least guys like Sandman usually hit their spots (sometimes badly, but still...), very rarely was there a Sabu match where I didn't think he was going to kill himself at some point.  

#43 Johnny Sorrow

Johnny Sorrow
  • Members
  • 4456 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 08:52 PM

Surprised no one mentioned Sabu yet. At least guys like Sandman usually hit their spots (sometimes badly, but still...), very rarely was there a Sabu match where I didn't think he was going to kill himself at some point.  

That's part of why he was awesome.

#44 goc

goc

A disgrace to Joe Blanchard

• Members
  • 7360 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 09:04 PM

I understand your point about Sabu, but at least he has redeemable qualities and memorable moments. A lot of them. He's not close to Tiger Jeet Singh or George Gulas territory. Neither are Randy Orton or Kane.

#45 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 43387 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 09:08 PM

Again, I say Brutus Beefcake.

#46 goc

goc

• Members
  • 7360 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 09:16 PM

I have some footage of him as Dizzy Hogan teaming with Ken Lucas in Southeastern, I think around 1983. I need to see whether Ken Lucas was able to make him look good or not, the way it's rumored Bobby Eaton was able to do with George Gulas.

#47 NintendoLogic

NintendoLogic

Grim and frostbitten

• Members
  • 2661 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 09:30 PM

Beefcake's work with the Dream Team should be enough to take him out of the running.

#48 TRMD

TRMD
  • Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 09:54 PM

Again, I say Brutus Beefcake.

I've always thought Brutus was awful and I would love if you could go into significant detail about why he's so bad.

#49 goodhelmet

goodhelmet
  • Admins
  • 18951 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:12 PM

Mighty Zulu is a great pick. For most matches on tape and being dog shit 99% of the time, I think Tiger Jeet Singh walks away with it.

#50 MikeCampbell

MikeCampbell

80% of crazy!

• Members
  • 2142 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:43 PM

Beefcake's work with the Dream Team should be enough to take him out of the running.

Agreed, as well as his having good matches with Hogan and with Steamboat.

#51 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 43387 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:53 PM

He had good matches with Hogan? He wrestled Steamboat? When?

#52 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 43387 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:56 PM

Pretty much any wrestler who has been around a decent amount of time will have something somewhere that's decent to good, no matter how bad they are. Beefcake being in a tag team with the awesome Greg Valentine is his something somewhere.

#53 goc

goc

• Members
  • 7360 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 11:00 PM

Find me the good Mighty Zulu match then ;)

#54 shakla

shakla
  • Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 11:00 PM

Would the criteria in the start of the thread also disqualify most of the modern WWE Divas?

I'll throw a few names out there.  Daffney may not be the worst, but with her experience level (granted she was likely working hurt during the end of her TNA run), she never impressed me in the ring. 

Ice Train/MI Smooth, who in hindsight, was a poor man's Mark Henry.  He had some cool (ha ha) tights but not much else. 

Kelly Kelly, while a "model picked from a catalog", had a 5 year run in WWE and yet never ran the ropes well or learned a finisher outside of a roll-up, despite usually being passed off as a more upper-tier Diva. 

#55 funkdoc

funkdoc

free si oem

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 11:01 PM

i seem to recall brutus actually putting in more effort than usual around 1990 or so, before the accident.  i thought he was downright watchable at that point but maybe my memory is off

also, i'd rather watch singh than strongbow.  at least the former LOOKS like a threat and isn't pretending to be of another race...

#56 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 43387 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 11:03 PM

Find me the good Mighty Zulu match then ;)

I've never even heard of Mighty Zulu. Is this a real wrestler that has had a long career with lots of matches on tape that people could see?

#57 PeteF3

PeteF3
  • Members
  • 8978 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 11:48 PM

Question for the '80s WWF project guys: is there a single good Hillbilly Jim match out there? Was he at least passable before breaking his leg? Did a Harley Davidson vs. Jerry Lawler match ever make tape?

The '89-'90 version of Jim was easily worse than Beefcake, though granted his career wasn't as long.

#58 goc

goc

• Members
  • 7360 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 12:06 AM

Mighty Zulu: http://sportsandwres...orum2/1043.html

This is what's written about him there: "Yeah, possibly one of the worst workers to have a 15-20 year career and never actually improve one iota.."

There is stuff on tape from San Fran and obviously Dallas from 1986. If you really want me to dig stuff up on him, I'll put it on my list of things to do to see if he's on any of the 1980 Memphis I have. You'll see he has a pattern of starting hot in a territory, then quickly falling down the card before leaving. His Japan run in 1983 is semi-legendary as the worst gaijin run of all time.

From the picture and the footage I've seen, at least before he got older, he had a tremendous physique. I think that he was a guy promoters probably saw money in when they saw pictures and decide to bring him in with a push.The fans got excited about seeing him before he gets in the ring, and then it all falls apart after the bell rings and he's quickly on his way.

Long career yes, lots of matches on tape, no. There are a few snippets though.

#59 PeteF3

PeteF3
  • Members
  • 8978 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 12:12 AM

Zulu also worked New Japan for at least a tour or two in the '80s, under the name "Hercules Lone Hawk" (possibly a mistranslation or Engrish). Some of his matches made TV.

#60 goc

goc

• Members
  • 7360 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 12:13 AM

Just checked and the most stuff you can find of him on youtube is from 1980 Memphis under the name Magnificent Zulu. So that saves me the trouble of looking for stuff.

vs. Tony Boyles

Even if those 1972 results are from his first year in the business, this is an 8 year pro by 1980. Wrestling this match looking like he's doing a 1991 Undertaker tribute.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users