Pro Wrestling Only

[1999-11-08-WWF-Raw] Lillian Garcia announcement / Big Bossman promo

Loss

• 2 weeks later...

Lillian Garcia announces that Big Show's father has passed away. People actually think it's serious. How disgusting. There are a few friends waving at the camera and laughing. Oh, wrestling. Big Boss Man comes out to interrupt the 10-bell salute and is upset that the grieving process started without him. He has a sympathy card to read. You know what, if you're going to do something in poor tastes, at least go all the way with it. I salute them for having the courage to follow it through at least.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

"With the deepest regrets and tears that are soaked

I'm sorry to hear your dad finally croaked

He lived a full life on his own terms

Soon he'll be buried and eaten by worms

But if I had a son as stupid as you

I'd wish for cancer so I would die too

So be brave and get your life back on track

Cause the old bastards dead and he ain't ever coming back"

• 2 years later...

This is a lot to throw on Lillian's plate considering she's barely capable of getting out a ring intro at this point--she screws up the time of the private service, since it can't be "this weekend" if it's going to get shown on Smackdown. Is the sound guy really going to strike up the Boss Man's music during *this* moment? Oh well, Boss Man is a delightfully evil scumbag and his poem is still funny in its audacity. "I got feelings, TOO!"

• GSR changed the title to [1999-11-08-WWF-Raw] Lillian Garcia announcement / Big Bossman promo