Pro Wrestling Only

[1999-11-23-FMW-10th Anniversary Show] Hayabusa vs H

Loss

• 3 weeks later...

Shawn Michaels is the referee for this and has the full entrance and everything. Shawn Michaels as an FMW referee ... have we seen it all? Hayabusa provokes Shawn, who superkicks him then wants to go after him, but H holds him back from doing it and the match regains some sense of order. Hayabusa then unmasks voluntarily as Gannosuke and the match picks up from there into a pretty action-packed affair, which I thought was good but not nearly as good as some of the best stuff earlier in the year. There was a handshake at the end which considering how heated the angle was in August seems odd and too soon. Shawn puts over FMW on the house mic at the end.

• 9 months later...

The work was good here but this was all about HBK. The ref short shorts and him superkicking Hayabusa that never went anywhere. Kinda felt bad for H and Hayabusa cause they were overshadowed by HBK. Didn't this lead to Bryan Danielson and Lance Cade appearing in FMW one time? I love how HBK leaves and then the photographers run to the ring for the post match promos.

• 2 years later...

Michaels is pretty over with this audience, I'll give him that. He arguably overshadows the match too much early on, but him Sweet Chin Music'ing Gannosuke gets over as does his arguing with him over the counts out of the ring. ("FIVE!" "NO COUNT!" ... "SIX!" Pop.) This was okay but still descended into just a rote list of finishers rather than much of a story being told or elevating intensity. H almost kills Gannosuke at the end with a pretty misaligned Stardust Press.

• GSR changed the title to [1999-11-23-FMW-10th Anniversary Show] Hayabusa vs H