Pro Wrestling Only

[1999-12-06-WWF-Raw] HHH and Stephanie McMahon

Loss

• 3 weeks later...

Stephanie presents HHH with annulment papers and asks him to sign. She says he's driven her father crazy and he's won, so let's let this end. HHH makes awful jokes toward her and she leaves angry. Later in the show, HHH comes to the ring with a bouquet. He mentions Stephanie and just her name gets a lot of boos already, even though she hasn't even turned yet. HHH plays up the "slut" and "whore" chants she was getting on Smackdown. Lots of this is getting bleeped. He's laying it on so thick using reverse psychology with the crowd.

HHH gets around to addressing the annulment papers, and he blames the fans for being so hard on her when they were two kids in love. HHH has decided he'll sign the annulment papers if Stephanie will just come out. Stephanie throws HHH's roses into the crowd and HHH says he just can't do it ... he's getting too warm and fuzzy inside. Stephanie calls him an insincere son of a bitch and says she's tired of his games, and that she hopes her dad cripples him at Armageddon. Finally, HHH agrees that if Vince can beat him at Armageddon, he will sign the annulment papers. However, if HHH wins, then he gets a shot at the title. Stephanie is great with that, but HHH insists on hearing it from Vince. As Vince comes out, HHH stops Vince and reminds him that he can't enter the ring since HHH has a restraining order. Vince accepts the new provisions. HHH wants to seal the deal with a kiss and lays one on Stephanie.

This segment goes way too long, but at the same time, there is a lot of storyline stuff to sort out.

I had completely forgotten the "slut" stuff started *before* the heel turn. For reasons I cannot remember I didn't watch much WWe TV the last 2 months of 99 ( I'm pretty sure I had some ridiculously huge project for college during this time). We didn't have a UPN affiliate at this point so I couldn't watch SD until sometime in mid 2000

• 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1999-12-06-WWF-Raw] HHH and Stephanie McMahon