Pro Wrestling Only

Re-Booking WrestleMania Cards

bestintheworld3589

WRESTLEMANIA VIII

Shawn Michaels vs. Owen Hart

Rick Martel vs. Tito Santana

Virgil, Jim Duggan, Tatanka & Sgt. Slaughter vs. The Nasty Boys, Repoman & Skinner

Bret Hart vs. Roddy Piper (I-C Title)

The Mountie vs. Big Boss Man (Tazer / Nightstick on a Pole Match)

The Undertaker vs. Sid Justice

Randy Savage vs. Jake Roberts

Earthquake & Typhoon vs. Ted DiBiase & Irwin R. Schyster (Tag Titles)

Hulk Hogan vs. Ric Flair (World Title)

-- I agree with BITW about booking Owen-HBK. Hot opener. It heats Owen up and gives HBK a nice win.

-- I give Tito and Martel one more run since neither was a major focal point, you can give them a solid ten minutes for a good match.

-- I took Boss and Mountie out of the 8 man tag and gave them a singles match. They can have the Pole match and beat the shit out of each other with sticks in my violent mind.

-- I know Taker vs. Sid would suck but it gives us a Savage-Snake blowoff after Snake had tortured Savage and Liz for 5 more months after Tuesday in Texas. This would be a Death Match where either the snake or Liz get blown up. May be the best match in Mania history. Instead of interfering in the Hogan-Sid match, Papa Shango interferes here and he gets blwon up instead. Everyone wins!!!

-- I agree that Flair vs. Hogan had to headline this show and it was a tragedy it never happened.

WRESTLEMANIA IX

Pre Show: Papa Shango & Giant Gonzales vs. Tatanka & Crush

Rick & Scott Steiner vs. Headshrinkers Samu & Fatu

Bob Backlund vs. Doink (Borne)

The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels

Mr. Perfect vs. Tito Santana

Lex Luger vs. Razor Ramon

Ted DiBiase & Irwin R. Schyster vs. Hulk Hogan & Brutus Beefcake (Tag Titles)

Yokozuna vs. Bret Hart (Cage Match) (World Title)

This one was hard to put together and still feels like a shit show. I kept the face-heel dynamic as was and that made it harder to put together. I also cheeated again and used the pre-show wrestlers.

-- I got some shitty guys off the mian show and threw them into obscurity.

-- After watching some horrible wrestling, maybe the crowd gets hotter for the Steiners tag.

-- I put Borne and Backlund together and I sort of like the dynamic.

-- Taker & HBK could be fun as little guy bouncing around for monster that Shawn was really good at. It may be too early in Taker's career for him to have a good match but he wasn't really paired up with good wrestlers so maybe this is both guys breakout.

-- In my Wrestlemania world, Tito was Mr. Wrestlemania along with Greg Valentine up to this point so this is Tito's farewell Mania match against Perfect.

-- Luger vs. Ramon doesn't feel like a good match but maybe both guys work hard. I don't know.

-- I kept the tag title the same since I didn't want Beefcake and IRSuck ruining another match.

-- In the main event, I don't care who wins but it should be a cage match laid out like their kickass cage matches that made tape.

WrestleMania X is the first Mania where I didn't think i could make it better. There are other matches I could make but I didn't think it made for a better show. It was just shifting mediocre wrestlers around with Savage having nobody to dance with. His match with Crush is revered by some people so I just left it alone.

WRESTLEMANIA XI
Lex Luger & King Kong Bundy vs.Jacob & Eli Blue
Razor Ramon vs. Bob Backlund
The Undertaker vs. Jeff Jarrett
Owen Hart & Yokozuna vs. The Smoking Gunns (Tag Titles)
Davey Smith vs. Shawn Michaels
Diesel vs. Bret Hart (World Title)
Lawrence Taylor vs. Bam Bam Bigelow
-- I kept the tag title match since it was a title change and I like the Yoko/Owen team. The main event was about as good of a main event you were going to have with Laurence Taylor. It is pretty famous also.
-- The opener tag is crap but I needed Bulldog in the HBK match. HBK & Bulldog could have matched up well on a Mania card and we know they have delivered on PPV.
-- I didn't think that HBK-Diesel was a really great match and I think Bret was a better partner for Diesel anyway.
-- We know what to expect from Bob-Razor and Taker-Jarrett could have had some fun Memphis shtick. Nothing blowaway but I think with the addition of the HBK and Hart matches, this becomes a better Mania.

WRESTLEMANIA XII

Owen Hart & Davey Smith vs. Yokozuna & Savio Vega

Steve Austin vs. Jake Roberts

Ahmed Johnson vs. Diesel

Ultimate Warrior vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley

The Undertaker vs. Vader

Roddy Piper vs. Goldust (Hollywood Backlot Brawl)

Shawn Michaels vs. Bret Hart (World Title)

-- I don't think I actually made this Mania better but I made it more memorable.

-- I take Nash away from Taker and have Ahmed recklessly destroy him and accidentally end his career early by breaking his legs. Wrestling history changes before our eyes.

-- I move Jake with Austin so that there is some history leading into the KOTR.

-- Taker vs. Vader feels epic for the time period and Vader would be better served in an upper card match instead of the opener.

-- Like BITW, I would kill the Iron Man stipulation altogether and let these two just go out and wrestle.

I am going to jump all over Will's rebooking and do my WM13, before he posts his.

WRESTLEMANIA XIII

Pre Show: New Blackjacks vs Headbangers vs Godwinns (#1 Contendes Match)
Furnas & LaFon vs Owen Hart & Davey Boy (Tag Titles)
Mankind vs Vader
Flash Funk vs The Sultan
Triple H vs Goldust
The Undertaker vs Sycho Sid (World Title)
Rocky Maivia vs Rockabilly (IC Title)
Bret Hart vs Steve Austin (I Quit)
Legion of Doom & Ahmed Johnson vs The Nation of Domination (Street Fight)
Mankind vs The Undertaker (World Title)
-- This was difficult to think about how you get the rest of the card (ie non I Quit and Street Fight matches) to be good, so I went with the WrestleMania X format of a mini tournament. Vader and Mankind square off and winner faces the Champion to end the show. Those two were teased to have a tough contest at Mania, so why not. You move Taker-Sid to mid-show and keep it short and then end with the Mankind-Taker match. It all makes sense, and since there was no real Rumble winner, you can name three top contenders and have a mini-type tournament.
-- Furnas & LaFon had been chasing Owen & Bulldog for a few months now and never got a blow off. Let them go and have a good match here.
-- Rockabilly was with Honky Tonk Man, greatest IC Champ, natural story. It couldn't be worse.
-- Flash Funk was somewhat pushed, let me have a big win here over Fatu in which could be a fun little sprint.
-- Pre Show is the same with Furnas & LaFon removed for the main card.

Your Luger matches are all f'ed up. At Wrestlemania IX, you have heel Luger facing heel Razor while face Tito takes on face Perfect. And at Wrestlemania XI, heel Bundy and face Luger take on heel Blus.

I knew about the Luger-Bundy pairing. I had no idea Perfect was a face at Nine. It also demonstrates how invested in Luger I was.

It's funny because Steven and I have a very similar booking philosophy for 13 except for a few exceptions. Also, I had this card down but had no comments before you posted yours so I give you no credit ;)

WRESTLEMANIA XIII
The Headbangers vs. The New Blackjacks vs. The Godwinns (Tag Titles)
Hunter Hearst Helmsley vs. Rocky Maivia (IC Title)
Sycho Sid vs. The Sultan
Vader vs. Goldust
Phil Lafon & Doug Furnas vs. Owen Hart & Davey Smith
The Legion of Doom & Ahmed Johnson vs. Farooq, Crush, and Savio Vega (Chicago Street Fight)
Bret Hart vs. Steve Austin (Submission Match)
Mankind vs. The Undertaker (Title Match)
-- I didn't have a mini-tournament and kept Sid away from the world title. I gave Mankind his Mania main event so he could have his special moment and wouldn't have to come back for 2000.
-- I had the same tag matches as Grimmas.
-- If just by chance, Rocky & HHH hooked up here, it could be one more match in their rivalry which at least gives it a historical footnote even if the match sucks.
-- Sid was gone after this so have him squash the Sultan in 12 seconds and disappear.
-- I like the Vader vs. Goldust pairing and think it could sneak in as another good match.
-- Still feels like a shit Mania but if the World Title match, the Owen/Davey match and the Vader match delivers, it could be a special show. With Mankind on top, might even have a lower buyrate than it ended up with.

WRESTLEMANIA XIV
BATTLE ROYAL: The Undertaker & Kane, LOD 2000, Savio Vega & Miguel Perez, Recon & Sniper, Chainz & Bradshaw, D-Lo Brown & Mark Henry, The Quebecers, Jesus Castillo & Jose Estrada, The Headbangers, Scott Taylor & Brian Christopher, Steve Blackman & Flash Funk, The Godwinns, Skull & Eight Ball, Farooq & Kama, and Bob Holly & Bart Gunn.
Taka Michinoku vs. Aguila (Light Heavyweight Title)
Hunter Hearst Helmsley vs. Owen Hart (European Title)
The Rock-n-Roll Express vs. Billy Gunn & Jesse James (Dumpster Match) (Tag Titles)
Rocky Maivia vs. Ken Shamrock (IC Title)
Terry Funk vs. Cactus Jack (Death Match)
Marc Mero & Sable vs. Goldust & Luna
Steve Austin vs. Shawn Michaels (World Title)

-- I don't know if this is a better Mania but in my mind, I love it. I force Taker & Kane as unwilling tag partners and have them win the stupid battle royal. Taker keeps his streak but I don't have to watch those guys in a singles match.

-- In my world, the RNR are still a hot tag team and fighting off the young upstarts. Hey, I can dream.

-- I wanted to put on the Death Match that Foley & Funk wanted to have so they have a death match.

WRESTLEMANIA XV

Pre-Show Battle Royal: D-Lo Brown, Bart Gunn, Billy Gunn, Test, Steve Blackman, Justin Bradshaw, Brian Christopher, DOA, Droz, Farooq, Gillberg, The Godfather, Jeff & Matt Hardy, Legion of Doom, Midian, Public Enemy, Tiger Ali Singh, Scott Taylor, and Viscera, Big Bossman.

Val Venis vs. Goldust

Bob Holly vs. Al Snow (Hardcore Title)

Bradshaw & Faarooq vs. Owen Hart & Jeff Jarrett (Tag Titles)

Butterbean vs. Kane

Ken Shamrock vs. Road Dogg (IC Title)

Hearst Helmsley vs. Paul Wight

Shane McMahon vs. X-Pac (European Title)

Sable vs. Tori

The Undertaker vs. Mankind (Hell In A Cell)

Steve Austin vs. The Rock (World Title)

-- First off, I have no idea who was a face or heel so forgive me with not keeping up with Russo booking.

-- Instead of D-Lo and Test winning the tag title shot, I form the APA here and have them kill the Outlaws.

-- I split the IC title match from the Venis-Goldust match. I loved the Venis-Goldust feud and think they have a killer opener here. With one match, I made this card better.

-- I took Billy Gunn from the hardcore feud and threw him into the Battle Royal because I think Snow and Holly have a better match without Gunn.

-- In my world, Kane wins Brawl for All, he gets knocked out in 12 seconds, is banished from the company forever (until the next Mania anyway) and poor Bart Gunn can kick away in the midcard.

-- Helmsley vs. Wight doesn't seem good but at least it is two big names facing each other.

-- Taker vs. Mankind Cell rematch where Foley falls through the top of the cage into a pit of burning coals and through the bottom of the ring. He doesn't appear again until next year's Mania. The main event may have to take place everywhere but the ring but I have faith Rock and Austin can figure out a way to make it work.

Since Will is slacking, I will tackle WM2000 which was a shit show, so lots of changes.

WRESTLEMANIA 2000

Dean Malenko vs Taka Michinoku (Light Heavyweight Title)
Tazz vs Big Bossman

Hardcore Battle Royal (Throw in all these guys you don't want stinking up the card)
Kurt Angle vs Chris Jericho (European Title)
Kurt Angle vs Chris Benoit (IC Title)

T & A vs Steve Blackman & Al Snow
Edge & Christian vs Dudley Boyz vs Hardy Boyz (Ladder Match)
Too Cool & Rikishi & Kane & Mick Foley vs Eddie Guerrero & Perry Saturn & X-Pac & Road Dogg & Big Show
The Rock vs Triple H (WWE Title)

-- First, dump the McMahon bullshit and give the main event people wanted. Already better show.
-- Split up the three way IC/Euro Titles matches and make two singles. Use exact same storyline.
-- Dean & Taka would had been an awesome hot opener
-- Taz gets his revenge for No Way Out.
-- Finally, try to redo that hot ten man tag from Raw with slightly different people.

Great WM 2000 card...

The only thing I'd change is keeping the triple threat Euro / IC match but give them more time to go...the way Kurt loses both belts without being pinned for either was great for his character and kept him strong as hell going into the monster spring / summer / fall he has...

WRESTLEMANIA XXVII
Sheamus © vs. Dolph Ziggler (US Title)
Edge © vs. Alberto Del Rio (World Heavyweight Title)
Cody Rhodes vs. Rey Mysterio
Big Show, Kane and Kofi Kingston vs. Justin Gabriel, Heath Slater and Ezekiel Jackson
The Miz and Michael Cole vs. Jerry Lawler and Daniel Bryan
The Undertaker vs. Triple H
Wade Barrett © vs. Santino Marella (Intercontinental Title)
John Cena © vs. Randy Orton vs. CM Punk (WWE title)
Blue = Re-Booked Match
Red = Re-Booked Result
- Cena would win the vacant WWE Championship (vacated by Lawler who wins it from Miz at EC) prior to the event.
- Punk and Orton would be the last two men at EC, things would get brutal and the match would end in a no contest as a result of them covering each other. This would lead to both men being put into the title match at Mania.
- Miz, enraged at his loss to Lawler would align himself with Cole. Lawler would select Daniel Bryan as his tag team partner, given Bryan's history with both Cole and Miz.
- Del Rio goes over and wins the WHC, Edge retires, Del Rio takes credit for retiring Edge. This means Christian's victory at ER means so much more.
- New Nexus gets involved in the main event, trying to assist Punk. Cue The Rock entering to clean house along with Orton and Cena to take New Nexus (and Punk) out of the equation. In spite of briefly uniting to fight off a comon enemy, the Cena and Rock hostiltiies resume, Rock gives Cena the Rock Bottom and Orton pins him for the victory and the title.

• 1 month later...

Brutus Beefcake Vs. Bad News Brown

I couldn't give a fuck about this match, I'm just aware you need both guys on the show and I like the contrast between the two.

You're putting "The Barber" against a bald guy? C'mon.

Perhaps. Maybe Beefcake feels people like Bad News that shave their head take money out of barber's pockets and vows to shave his beard for revenge or something ¬_¬

• 3 months later...

The PTBN series about re-booking WM cards without reusing a match from the actual show has been stuck in my craw for a while, so even though this is wildly untimely at this point, I'm going to do a few. One change, though: they had the rule that you had to keep the champs as they were (and I generally will), but could change the Rumble winner, but if I can change the Rumble winner, I should also be able to change any title matches from a PPV between RR & WM. Free TV changes will stay, but the BIGGEST STOPS ON THE ROAD TO WRESTLEMANIA count as WrestleMania. Will keep all celebrities involved in a match as well. Working backwards...

WrestleMania 31

1) Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal: won by Mark Henry last eliminating Hideo Itami.

2) 2/3 falls match: Goldust/Damien Mizdow vs. The Miz/Stardust.

3) WWE Tag Team Championship: Cesaro/Tyson Kidd © vs. Mark Henry/Hideo Itami vs. Kofi Kingston/Big E. Langston vs. Ryback/Dolph Ziggler.

4) Falls count anywhere: Luke Harper vs. Bray Wyatt.

5) WWE Divas Championship: Nikki Bella © vs. Charlotte vs. Paige.

6) John Cena/Randy Orton vs. Sting/The Undertaker.

7) WWE United States Championship: Daniel Bryan vs. Rusev ©.

8) WWE Intercontinental Championship ("I Quit" cage match): Dean Ambrose © vs. Seth Rollins.

9) No disqualification: AJ Lee vs. Stephanie McMahon.

10) WWE World Heavyweight Championship: Brock Lesnar © vs, Roman Reigns.

1) Excluding Henry/Itami, nobody else in the battle royal is on the rest of the card giving it a different composition from the real one. My "company man" (in terms of who's debased themselves more for the enjoyment of Vince) ranking goes Kane/Henry/Show, and I like Henry more than Kane so he gets the "lifetime achievement award" win.

2) These storylines both stalled out, unfortunately, so this is my best solution. It's easy to combine them because they had similar themes. 2/3 ensures enough time for meaningful interaction between the two original feud partners and they can do a better job repackaging Cody/Sandow post-WM than in reality.

3) Hate to squeeze out the Usos but Jey was already hurt and I wanted to keep the "cruiser/bruiser" theme going. Originally booked as a four-way until the Usos are ruled out earlier in the day, they get to pick their replacements, so they go to Henry and ask him to pick his own partner and he picks Itami. Not anything that would need to go anywhere further than that, but it'd be a nice moment.

4) Wouldn't have to be a blowoff as much as just two dudes with history having a good brawl. They can reform the Family later, it doesn't matter.

5) Flairs gonna flair.

6) Okay, so, I don't really like Sting-'Taker as a dream match. The dynamics of it are weird, especially at WM. We got a "dream match" that wasn't really a dream match in reality, so I'm just going to have a better not-dream match that's a lot more interesting, at least. Cena doesn't have anything much to do without the Rusev feud, and Orton-Rollins didn't need to be a Mania match. Orton comes back in January and gets into what becomes a four-way at the Rumble (because I don't care enough about that match that I don't mind changing it) and the Orton-Rollins blowoff is at Fastlane. This is the Authority going amok and pitting their enemies against each other. It's face-face and just a generational battle. Old guys go over because duh.

7) So Daniel Bryan might need something to do, right? Well, here we go. It can be America vs. Russia, but America from the perspective of its most common man who can do the most uncommon of things. The son of a log-scaler. It's a completely fresh match that writes itself.

8) Ambrose beats Barrett at Fastlane (as Loss said, I believe, it was pretty clear in January that the IC title win at WM was Ambrose's until they realized that they'd need to give DB something to do) to take the IC title, and Rollins is just too petty to let him have it. The gimmick makes up for the failures of the HIAC match that I can't undo, and it's just two guys who have no regard for their physical well-being trapped in a cage together trying to kill each other. You can't beat Magnum-Tully, and I wouldn't even try. That was about personal hatred and masculinity fought between two guys who just hated each other. This is about betrayal and brotherhood and catharsis (and it's an "I Quit" because being able to have the mic to scream at each other enhances the personal drama, any referencing of one of the greatest matches in wrestling history is just a reference). Just two turntables and a microphone, no referee to stop the match in the unlikely event that someone might bleed.

9) If I have to have an overbooked clusterfuck where all of the build is centered on shoot aspects that desperately tries to skirt actually talking about them featuring an Authority member, I'm going to take Stephanie every day. Instead of alter kaker DX vs. alter kaker nWo, we can have the sad Authority cuckolds brawl with the many on-screen loves of April Mendez and Ronda Rousey whomping Triple H in a situation that actually matters.

10) The match that we actually saw wasn't officially Lesnar-Reigns; it was Lesnar-Reigns-Rollins. I'd like to see how that Lesnar-Reigns story might have actually ended.

• 2 months later...

Never did post Mania 11 thoughts. Well, what the hell. This is being booked on the assumption that I have inherited the situation as it was at the start of 1995, with the roster as it was in March.

WrestleMania XI

WWF Title
Diesel © Vs. Shawn Michaels w/Sid

This is the only match on the card I'd keep the same.

If Diesel is champion, the only ready made big match challenger he has is Shawn Michaels, which poses a problem because 1) the dynamic of the feud was bad with Shawn as the undersized and overmatched heel challenger, and 2) the match itself didn't work out as a result. I think this has to be more of a grudge match than it was, in the vain of Taker/Shawn at Ground Zero. I'd have Shawn and Sid beat the living hell out of Diesel with a steel chair in the run-up, and the idea that after all the superkicks, the spotlight hogging, and the assisted beatdowns, Diesel is finally going to get Shawn one-on-one. In the real world, they tried to position them as equals, which was a big mistake. Since they'd paid the cash to get Pamela Anderson, I guess use her here in the same way they did, but she has to be supplemental to the revenge story.

Same outcome, if you're going with Diesel as champ in the first place, he had to win here.

Winner: Diesel

Bret Hart Vs. Lex Luger

Lex turns heel at the Royal Rumble, costing Bret the WWF Title. The bitter, obnoxious Luger starts to show himself in his post-match explanation - last year at the Rumble, the Lex Express hit a Pink and Black brick wall, and the fans chose Bret over him when they tied at the finish. He dropped his Narcissistic way to represent his country, and they spat in his face when he needed them.

As much as it pissed him off, he swallowed the bitter pill to be the nice guy. Hell, he even raised Bret's hand at Mania X. Then as soon as Bret lost the belt, he immediately was given a chance to get it back against Diesel, while Lex was never given a title shot by Bret after he got blatantly screwed at Summerslam 93 and Mania X. Luger is an angry, bitter heel in the build to this match, desperate to prove he is better than the Hitman. And in the cheapest, most gutless fashion, he wins, which marks a turn in the character to super obnoxious, holier than thou self-entitled dickhead Luger a la 1989 Total Package, because he "proved" he was right after all. This can continue with Luger either going after Diesel, or continuing the Bret feud all the way through to Summerslam, where the Hitman gets the win.

Bret can "get his win back" over Backlund on one of the In Your House Pay-Per-Views if its actually needed.

Winner: Lex Luger

Lawrence Taylor/Razor Ramon Vs. Jerry Lawler/Jeff Jarrett w/Roadie

Jerry Lawler was perfect for the LT program. He wasn't the most credible guy after the Doink feud, so he really had nothing to lose. He was that perfect heel to antagonise the celebrity and incorporate some of the Kaufman elements again (hell, could even reference Lawler's past fending off outsiders), and his promo work could have made this a bigger deal than it was.

As evidenced by Bigelow, nobody that worked opposite Taylor was going to come out better for it, so I think LT works better in a tag format where his partner gets the shine of being next to him in all the pubicity and promos, a la Hogan and Mr. T. And Razor in 1995 would have benefitted from some celebrity shine to avoid the midcard typecasting a little bit.

I'd keep Razor as IC Champion at the Rumble, but continue the Jarrett/Roadie feud going. Lawler gets eliminated by Doink or the 1-2-3 Kid in the Royal Rumble, and gets the shove on LT for laughing at him. Lawler, Jarrett and Roadie as a heel trio has big potential as their paths cross leading up to the match, the Memphis-style stooging and verbal prodding is ideal for this scenario, and Lawler gets to complain forever about the loss and doesn't get killed off the way Bigelow did.

Winners: Razor and LT

Undertaker Vs. Bam Bam Bigelow

Because lets face it, King Kong Bundy sucked balls. They'd need to do some serious work near the end of 94 and in the beginning of 95 to heat up Bigelow because he'd been treading water in the middle for a while, but this has a lot of potential. There was a standard formula for Taker feuds at the time - bad guy steals the urn, Taker beats him and gets it back.

I'd go a little more hardcore here and have Bigelow beat the shit out of Paul Bearer, giving him three headbutts off the top rope while Taker is restrained or incapacitated by the rest of the Million Dollar Corporation. A Bearer-less Taker goes it alone, until Paul returns just in time at the finish, urn in hand, encouraging Taker to victory.

Winner: Undertaker

Yokozuna Vs. Davey Boy Smith

Was contemplating going with Owen Vs. Davey for a good match and strong win for Owen, but two reasons why I'll go with booking logic over a good match - number one, Yokozuna did barely anything for 1995, as his team with Owen didn't produce a lot of good anyway, and number two, given the big problem in 1995 with a lack of credible heels for Diesel, Yoko is good for one PPV defense at least. Again, they went with Sid and Mabel, people. I'd maybe change Yoko's look up slightly in his big return, make him a bit darker after losing the Casket Match, and give an impressive win over Davey Boy here, a strong midcard face, to help put some steam back on him after he'd been phased down a bit after losing the title in 94.

Winner: Yokozuna

WWF Tag Team Titles
Smoking Gunns © Vs. Owen Hart/Bob Backlund

Owen Vs. Davey left me with a Backlund/Yoko team, which is kind of funny in an absurd way, but the matches would be awful, because both Yoko and Backlund needed help for a team to work. Owen and Backlund have the Bret connection from Survivor Series, and I see them being a potential good act together, with Bob as the crazy hyper-intelligent type, with Owen's cocky heel shtick beside it. Gunns lose the belts, and hopefully this team can elevate the belts a bit.

Winners: Owen & Backlund

1-2-3 Kid Vs. Hakushi

This replaces Owen Vs. Davey as the hot action match on the undercard, serves to give Hakushi his first win on a big stage, and sets him up for some good stuff throughout the Summer.

Winner: Hakushi

Heavenly Bodies/Tatanka/IRS Vs. Headshrinkers/Adam Bomb/Bob Holly

The traditional "lets get a bunch of guys on the card" match, just a fun and quick way to open the show, babyfaces get the win.

Winners: Headshrinkers/Car Bombs ¬_¬

Final Thoughts:

Overall, not only do I think this is significantly better than what we got, but it's very plausible that they could have gone this direction just as easily. One of the major problems coming out of the real show was that there were absolutely no heels worth a fuck afterwards, as the babyfaces smoked through them all in the key matches. Here we elevate Razor as a babyface, get some awesome promos with Jerry Lawler, give Bret a hot issue which he sorely needed since he spent his 1995 in the midcard, create a hot new heel in Lex Luger, we give Yoko some heat, we don't eviscerate Bigelow, Taker gets a notch on his belt and MUCH needed good match, the tag titles are set up nicely on an important team, Hakushi heads into the Spring with some steam, and the Diesel/Michaels story gets its blowoff.

And more importantly, no Harris Twins or King Kong Bundy.

• 2 weeks later...

Some great cards on here, I'll try WrestleMania 11,

Diesel vs Shawn Michaels- World Title

Razor Ramon/Lawrence Taylor vs Jerry Lawler/Jeff Jarrett

Undertaker vs Roddy Piper

Bret Hart vs Bob Backlund- Steel Cage

Smoking Gunns vs Yokozuna/Hakushi- Tag Title

Owen Hart vs British Bulldog

Lex Luger vs Bam Bam Bigelow

123 Kid/Bob Holly vs Heavenly Bodies

Sid wins Battle Royal

• 1 year later...

After rewatching some old wrestlemanias on the network, I'd thought I'd have another crack at some rebooking. I've tried to keep things as realistic as possible, whilst reducing the number of matches and cutting out the bloat.

Wrestlemania 5

Hulk Hogan vs Randy Savage (WWF Championship)

Ultimate Warrior vs Rick Rude (IC Championship)

Rude wins, just as he did.

Demolition vs Powers of Pain (Tag Team Championship)

Straight tag here, Demos win.

Jake Roberts vs Andre the Giant

No reason to change this.

Greg Valentine vs Ronnie Garvin

They fight to a double count out to progress their angle.

Twin Towers vs The Rockers

Showcase win for the Towers.

Ted Dibiase vs Brutus Beefcake

Dibiase wins by count out when Virgil prevents Beefcake from getting back into the ring.

Mr Perfect vs Bret Hart

Bret plugged in here rather than Owen.

Brain Busters vs Strike Force

Busters win after Martel walks out on Santana.

9 match card here rather than 14. Perfect gets a nice showcase win, both the Busters and the Towers are set up as challengers for Demolition. Garvin/Valentine is progressed too. Maybe a little heel heavy in terms of victories for the time, but I still think this is a tighter card than the real thing was.

Wrestlemania 6

Hulk Hogan vs Ultimate Warrior (Champion vs Champion)

Demolition vs Colossal Connection (Tag Team Championship)

The Demos win and Andre turns face, just as he did.

Ted Dibiase vs Jake Roberts

Dibiase wins with his feet on the ropes, but Roberts gets his heat back by DDTing Virgil after the match.

Tito Santana vs Rick Martel

Martel wins by count out after spraying Santana with Arrogance.

Randy Savage vs Dusty Rhodes (with Miss Elizabeth)

Dusty wins after Elizabeth prevents Sherri from interfering.

Earthquake vs Jim Duggan

A quick showcase win for Quake over Duggan, who was a bigger name than Hercules.

Rick Rude vs Roddy Piper

Ideally I'd have Rude win, but taking into account Pipers reluctance to job clean back in the day, a DQ or count out win will have to do.

Mr Perfect vs Brutus Beefcake

This match was set up at the Rumble that year, and with a lack of alternative options available, I've gone with it, but I'd reverse the result. Perfect wins (after the Genius distracts Beefcake) to set up a strong IC title push.

The Hart Foundation vs The Rockers

The Harts win to become number one contenders for the tag titles at Summerslam, leading to the Demos heel turn.

Big Boss Man vs Akeem

Boss Man squashes Akeem

Going with a 10 match card and cutting out a lot of the rubbish. I think I've turned out a pretty balanced card here. Whilst some of the finishes are screwy, Rude, Dibiase, Perfect and Earthquake all get wins to set them up for pushes into the summer. Boss Man gets a showcase, and Dusty gets the feel good win over Savage without all of the Sapphire involvement. I was concerned about booking two count out heel wins at first, but the real Mania 6 had two countouts AND a double count out so at least I've bettered that! The Rockers and The Harts being put together is a much better use of them than what did actually happen too.

Wrestlemania 7

Hulk Hogan vs Sgt Slaughter (Bootcamp Match, WWF Championship)

I'd transport the MSG Desert Storm match in here, Hogan wins the match and the 'war' and ends the Gulf War angle here.

Ultimate Warrior vs Randy Savage (Career Match)

Absolutely no reason to change this.

Legion of Doom vs Nasty Boys (Tag Team Championship)

in my 1991 booking, the Nasty Boys win the tag team titles from the Hart Foundation at the Royal Rumble, then the LOD beat the Nasties at Mania for the belts. Basically, things would play out the same way they did, just brought forward.

Mr Perfect vs The Big Boss Man (IC Championship, if Boss Man wins he gets five minutes with Bobby Heenan)

Boss Man wins by disqualification, Perfect keeps the title, but Heenan gets his comeuppance to blow off the Boss Man/Heenan family rivalry.

Ted Dibiase vs Virgil (with Roddy Piper)

Virgil wins by count out after Dibiase takes a powder. Sets up Summerslam 1991.

Jake Roberts vs Rick Martel (Blindfold Match)

Jake wins, and it plays out just as it did, no reason to change things here.

Bret Hart vs Haku

Short showcase match for Bret to set him up as a future IC Title contender.

British Bulldog vs Warlord

Bulldog wins, just as he did.

Undertaker vs Texas Tornado

Showcase win for Taker against a name. Tornado was higher on the card than Snuka at the time, and would be a more impressive win on paper.

Rockers vs Power and Glory

The Rockers vs Hercules/Roma match would position the Rockers for a tag title shot at Summerslam 1991, where they then begin their breakup angle after losing to LOD.

I've gone for a 10 match card again and trimmed a lot of the fat. I'm actually quite pleased how this card turned out. The matches are all logical, faces primarily go over (as was the norm at the time), but Taker is set up for the future with a strong showcase victory, and other angles are started and/or progressed and the Hogan /Slaughter, Roberts/Martel, Boss Man/Heenan, and Savage/Warrior feuds are finished up nicely.

Might come back in to do 8,9 and 10 later.

I got bored and the girlfriend went to bed, so here's 8,9,10 and 11

Wrestlemania 8

Hulk Hogan vs Ric Flair

Flair wins by DQ after Perfect interferes, return of the Warrior then takes place here. Basically the planned Hogan/Justice finish.

Randy Savage vs Jake Roberts (Cage Match)

Savage wins here.

Undertaker vs Sid Justice

Taker wins.

Bret Hart vs Roddy Piper (IC Title)

Natural Disasters vs Money Inc (Tag Titles)

Both as happened in reality

Legion of Doom and Big Boss Man vs Mountie and Nasty Boys

Win for LOD/Boss Man.

Rick Martel vs Tatanka

Tatanka wins.

British Bulldog vs Berzerker

Bulldog goes over.

Shawn Michaels vs Tito Santana

No reason to change this.

A 9 match card as opposed to 10 matches, with some slight changes in personnel. I toyed with an LOD/Disasters vs Money Inc/Nasties match, but instead went with the tag title match and a six man tag to pad out the card. Bulldog/Berzerker is added, showcasing Bulldog for a push to the IC title. Savage/Roberts should have been blown off at a PPV, and Hogan/Flair not being at mania was criminal. Michaels and Bulldog are readied for IC Title pushes with wins. Apart from that, not much is set up for the future with Hogan, Sid and Jake all leaving after the show, so all do the favour here (albeit Hogan losing by DQ). Difficult show to book in truth due to lack of depth and the exodus of main eventers going forward.

Wrestlemania 9

Bret Hart vs Randy Savage (WWF Championship)

Bret wins in a face vs face match, handshake and endorsement from Savage in the end

Money Inc. vs Hulk Hogan and Brutus Beefcake

Money Inc win by DQ

Undertaker vs Bam Bam Bigelow

Undertaker wins

Mr Perfect vs Lex Luger

No reason to change this

Shawn Michaels vs Marty Jannnetty

Michaels retains in screwy fashion

Yokozuna vs Jim Duggan

Yokozuna crushes Duggan

Steiners vs Headshrinkers

Steiners win to heat them up for their tag title push

Razor Ramon vs Crush

Razor wins

Doink vs Bob Backlund

Doink goes over using double Doinks to confuse Backlund

A show very heel heavy in wins, but the babyface roster was appalling in early 1993. Razor, Doink, Luger, Michaels and Yokozuna are all heated up with wins, and Bret is cemented as the top guy after beating Savage clean. I didn't include the Hogan/Yokozuna deal for obvious reasons. I was running out of viable babyfaces to book when it came down to the Razor and Doink matches.

Wrestlemania 10

Owen Hart vs Bret Hart

Lex Luger vs Yokozuna (WWF Championship)

Bret Hart vs Yokozuna (WWF Championship)

Shawn Michaels vs Razor Ramon (IC Title ladder match)

Randy Savage vs Crush (Falls count anywhere match)

123 Kid vs Diesel

Steiners vs Quebecers (Tag Titles)

Quebecers win by DQ

Alundra Blayze vs Luna Vachon (Women's title)

Blayze retains.

Bam Bam Bigelow vs Doink

Doink throws water over Lawler at ringside, leading to Lawler interfering and assisting Bam Bam to win.

Not a lot changed here, Bam Bam vs Doink becomes a straight singles match with Luna facing Alundra Blayze for the women's title. Diesel beats the Kid to begin his IC title push, and as the Steiners were still under contract, they are plugged into the tag title match instead of MOM.

Wrestlemania 11

Diesel vs Shawn Michaels (WWF Championship)

Diesel wins

Owen Hart and Bob Backlund vs Smoking Gunns (Tag Team Title)

Owen and Backlund win the tag titles

Bret Hart and Lawrence Taylor vs Jerry Lawler and Hakushi

LT pins Lawler

Razor Ramon and 123 Kid vs Jeff Jarrett and the Roadie

Razor and Kid win

Undertaker vs Sid

Taker wins

Lex Luger and British Bulldog vs Tatanka and Bam Bam Bigelow

Allied Powers go over after miscommunication between Bigelow and Tatanka causes Bigelow to be pinned

Wrestlemania 11 was only a 7 match card in reality so I've only dropped one match, but I think I've improved the show as a whole, although it probably wouldn't have done well at the box office. It's very tag heavy, but the roster is at its absolute weakest, so booking singles matches that are Mania worthy is a challenge. Luger continues his feud with the corporation with Bulldog as his partner. Kid and Roadie are added to the Ramon/Jarrett match, I could have made it a single to pad out the card, but I don't think that would have been mania worthy. Bret as the biggest star of the company would be unveiled as LTs partner after Taylor and Lawler get into it at the Rumble, plus Lawler and Hakushi had a loose association around that time. I could have gone with Taker/Yoko, but wanted to give Taker a fresh opponent. Owen and Backlund were associated at the time, so I put them together in the tag title match and left Yoko off the card.

• 2 weeks later...

With WrestleMania on my mind I'm in the mood for some rebooking. I'm going back and rebooking the original WrestleMania.

Hulk Hogan, Jimmy Snuka and Mr. T vs Roddy Piper, Paul Orndorff and Cowboy Bob Orton- I really think a 6 man tag would of worked better. Same ending

Andre the Giant and Junkyard Dog vs Big John Studd and Ken Patera- great main event tag anywhere in the world. JYD head butts Patera for the win then Andre slams Studd.

Greg Valentine © vs Tito Santana- IC Title Bout- Awesome match, Santana wins by DQ so the feud can continue.

Bruno Sammartino vs Iron Shiek- Shiek injures David Sammartino badly with chair shots then the camel clutch during a TV main event match. Bruno wants revenge. This would of tore down the Garden. Bruno goes way over.

Barry Windham/Mike Rotunda © vs Buddy Rose/Matt Borne- Tag Title Bout- I build up Rose and Borne as a team. They were both great workers in Portland and this could of been a pretty good match up. Champs retain.

Lelani Kai w/Moolah © vs Wendi Richter w/Cyndi Lauper- Woman's Title Bout. Same ending

Tony Atlas/Ivan Putski vs Magnificent Muraco/Jim Neidhart- Muraco gets the pin on Putski, keeping him strong for his up coming matches against Hogan.

King Kong Bundy vs Tony Garea- Same record time but against a former 5 time tag champ.

Ricky Steamboat vs Moondog Rex- Showcase for Steamboat

Brutus Beefcake vs S.D. Jones- I think S.D. would of done a great job getting Beefcake over here.

• 2 years later...

WrestleMania IX

Main Event - WWF Championship Match

Bret Hart (c) vs. Lex Luger w/ Bobby "The Brain" Heenan

WWF Intercontinental Championship Match

Shawn Michaels w/ Luna Vachon (c) vs. Randy Savage w/ Sensational Sherri

Loser Leaves Town

Mr. Perfect vs. Ric Flair w/ Bobby "The Brain" Heenan

Grudge Match

Hulk Hogan vs. Yokozuna w/ Mr. Fuji

WWF Tag Team Championship

Money Inc. (c) vs. The Steiner Brothers

Singles Match

The Undertaker vs. Bam Bam Bigelow

Singles Match

Doink vs. Crush

Singles Match

Razor Ramon vs. Tatanka

Six Man Tag Team Match (Dark)

Bob Backlund, Tito Santana, and Kamala vs. Papa Shango & The Headshrinkers

D: Headshrinkers & Shango def. Backlund, Santana & Kamala

1. Steiners def. Money Inc to win the Tag Team Championship in a hot opener

2. Razor def. Tatanka - Ramon gets a big win and ends the streak

3. Doink def. Crush - let's be real, this has to be here

4. Mr. Perfect def. Ric Flair - keep Flair for the extra pay day and do this right

5. The Undertaker def. Bam Bam Bigelow

6. Michaels def. Savage - bring things full circle and let Randy step in for Marty and be the one to stick up for his former manager, Sherri

7. Hogan def. Yokozuna - Yoko injures Beefcake to set this up

8. Hart def. Luger - Luger wins the Rumble in his debut