Tech troubleshooting

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 43382 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 08:00 PM

Let's use this thread to post any problems you've had accessing the board and what you've done that has been successful in fixing those problems. I've gotten a few isolated reports of people getting the IPS Driver Error even though the board was up and running during that time, so I'm not sure what caused it. I know there's also the issue with the search engine not working properly for some people. I never have any issues. Anyway, if you've encountered something you were able to solve on your own, feel free to share those things here and this can become a thread of resources.

#2 Coffey

Coffey

@Skelemania

• Members
  • 3792 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 07:49 PM

I have had IPS errors both here & DVDVR. Outside of it being a problem on the end of the forum, for updates or whatever, it is usually resolved by me clearing out my internet Cache. Which if I let it go too long just eats memory, I guess?

That's always the first fix I try is clearing out my cache/history & reloading the page completely with Alt+F5.

#3 bradhindsight

bradhindsight
  • Moderators
  • 1551 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 09:52 PM

Biggest issue I've encountered is not be able to use the "go to newest post" feature on Internet Explorer. You get a "page cannot be displayed error". I'm pretty sure I can't use the quote function or paste URLs with IE either (think it's IE 11).

#4 Tim Evans

Tim Evans
  • Members
  • 3964 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 09:29 PM

I can't seem to get the board to load when I type in www.prowrestlingonly.com but when I put in "prowrestlingonly.com" it works.

#5 goodhelmet

goodhelmet
  • Admins
  • 18946 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 02:44 PM

Strange. I just typed it in and it was redirected to the site. 

#6 shoe

shoe
  • Moderators
  • 9060 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 11:09 AM

Is the time stamps off by 20 minutes?

#7 goc

goc

A disgrace to Joe Blanchard

• Members
  • 7352 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 03:19 PM

It's off by 20 for me too.

#8 Ricky Jackson

Ricky Jackson

The Only 5 Time Champion

• Members
  • 2726 posts
  • Interests:Wrestling, music, comics, beer, movies, history, sports...good manly stuff.

Posted 24 November 2014 - 07:05 PM

Yep

#9 PeteF3

PeteF3
  • Members
  • 8974 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 10:49 PM

Here's a weird one: PWO won't open on my phone through conventional means (this is a new Droid Turbo). Whether I type it in the bar or hit my bookmark, the phone doesn't do anything. It doesn't freeze or hang, it just doesn't respond. This is the only site that that happens with. To get around it I have to go to isup.me and get a hyperlink that way, at which point it opens.

#10 jdw

jdw
  • Members
  • 8040 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 08:04 PM

Got a front page asking me to input a code # (randomly generated I suspect) and a message to the admin. Strange. :)

#11 tigerpride

tigerpride
  • Members
  • 610 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 03:51 PM

How do you make it so you don't see signatures? 

#12 Gregor

Gregor
  • Members
  • 433 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 05:53 PM

My Settings (should be in the drop-down arrow next to your username in the top right of the screen) -> 'Ignore' Preferences -> Check the box marked "ignore all signatures"

#13 tigerpride

tigerpride
  • Members
  • 610 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 12:04 AM

Thanks! some people have sigs that are way too big

#14 Rob McCarron

Rob McCarron
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 04:44 PM

Let's use this thread to post any problems you've had accessing the board and what you've done that has been successful in fixing those problems. I've gotten a few isolated reports of people getting the IPS Driver Error even though the board was up and running during that time, so I'm not sure what caused it. I know there's also the issue with the search engine not working properly for some people. I never have any issues. Anyway, if you've encountered something you were able to solve on your own, feel free to share those things here and this can become a thread of resources.

Think I might have been getting the driver error because I've had special accent characters in topic titles. I kept getting the Driver error in my most recent title, until I removed the 'á' in 'Bálor', then it posted fine.

#15 dawho5

dawho5
  • Members
  • 2500 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 05:07 PM

Anyone else have the problem where they can't paste to the board from any source at all?  Is that something on my end or something I have to set at PWO?

#16 bradhindsight

bradhindsight
  • Moderators
  • 1551 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 08:03 PM

I have that issue with Internet Explorer at work. 

#17 fakeplastictrees

fakeplastictrees
  • Members
  • 705 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 10:10 PM

Question,

I am trying to start a new thread in the Podcast folder (new podcast announcement) and this has failed for the last 24 hours. I can post to the board just fine, but it appears executing this one new thread is causing all kinds of problems. Is this an actual board issue? I have restarted my session, browser, cleared cookies, used a different browser. I will try a new computer tomorrow just in case there is something funky going on with my IP, hidden cached session, etc.

#18 Grimmas

Grimmas

a Wrestling Feminist

• Members
  • 7727 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 08:51 AM

Question,

I am trying to start a new thread in the Podcast folder (new podcast announcement) and this has failed for the last 24 hours. I can post to the board just fine, but it appears executing this one new thread is causing all kinds of problems. Is this an actual board issue? I have restarted my session, browser, cleared cookies, used a different browser. I will try a new computer tomorrow just in case there is something funky going on with my IP, hidden cached session, etc.

Make sure there is no symbols in the title, that always messes me up.

#19 Ricky Jackson

Ricky Jackson

The Only 5 Time Champion

• Members
  • 2726 posts
  • Interests:Wrestling, music, comics, beer, movies, history, sports...good manly stuff.

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:00 AM

Is there any way to get the boards internal clock back to the correct time? It's been about 1 1/2 hours behind for a couple weeks. It's a pet peeve of mine :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users