Pro Wrestling Only

Natsuki*Taiyo

Grimmas

Well I suspect if I don't make a post here there's a good chance this thread won't ever have any posts. Natsuki*Taiyo is my favourite joshi wrestler of the 21st Century (which I realise is not a great era for joshi), she's a really fun high flier, I'm always excited by the blistering pace she tends open matches with. She also gets points for the way she makes good use of her tiny size ways most people don't, like the way she kinda runs up from mat to middle rope to top rope or the way she gets people up for her sitout powerbomb which I can't really describe.

Links to a few matches: vs Yuhi: youtube.com/watch?v=3wR6jVvLw4M my personal favourite Taiyo match

vs Io Shirai: youtube.com/watch?v=NJqUgQNml7U

vs Kyoko Kimura: youtube.com/watch?v=qCzuADG2Ud8 a fun brawl type thing around koruken

Nanae Takahashi, Natsuki*Taiyo, & Yoko Bito vs Kyoko Inoue, Keiko Aono, & Sareee: youtube.com/watch?v=QdDl04BPPr8 A trios match in which I think Natsuki is the standout

Not the greatest ever, but she was good and very unique. Like a lot of the joshi girls and anyone from RINGS not named Volk Han, she won't get far due to no one knowing who she is. She came in at a pretty bad time as both AJW and GAEA died while she was a youngster.

She's mostly known for being super fast and being a lesser 2014 Momoe Nakanishi. Very spunky, always the underdog and very reliable.

I saw her live and on tape many times and she always put up a good performance. Natsuki vs Fuka was one of my favorite match-ups and I will always be happy that I got to see it live.

• 8 years later...

I stand by what I said in 2014 except for she is not the joshi wrestler of the 00s, but I do have a very strong soft spot for her and she is definitely unique and always fun to watch.

What I watched for this so far and my match ratings

Natsuki*Taiyo & Ray vs Kana & Nanae Takahashi (22/11/09) ***¼  
Natsuki Taiyo vs Nanae Takahashi (12/11/11) ***½
Natsuki Taiyo vs Kaori Yoneyama (02/06/13) ****
Natsuki Taiyo vs Io Shirai (26/01/14) ****
Natsuki Taiyo vs Mayu Iwatani (06/04/14) ***

I always liked her and I thought she had a stupidly good match series with Yoneyama at a time where I stopped giving a fuck about joshi and wrestling in general. Looking forward to dive deeper into her work, although the competition in "gutsy workers with a hard head gimmick" department is fierce.