Pro Wrestling Only

Rules and Announcements

Loss

Unless you heard it DIRECTLY from the source (WON, PWInsider, etc.), please do not re-report second hand news at this board. So much of the time, it is twisted into something the original report never said. However, if you want to question the accuracy of a report, feel free to ask about it. Just please don't say "Dave Meltzer said" or "PWInsider reported" unless you read the original report yourself. Thank you for understanding.

• 4 months later...

With recent developments, one of the things Loss and I have talked at lengths about is what PWO is for us. For the few people who have criticized us, we have received far more praise as a place that people can discuss wrestling without many of the problems that plague other message boards. However, despite the idea that we are a close-minded community with narrow tastes, the opposite has actually been proven true over time. I think it is an insult to the people who have made this place their home to dismiss wrestling arguments with rebuttals that don’t address the issue but the nature of the board and we will now treat these responses as insults.

New Rule

PWO is a message board. It holds no opinions on anything. People at PWO, however, have plenty of opinions on just about everything. Engage them directly. And if you have a problem with something one or even a few people are making, name names. It's unfair and dishonest to respond to an argument involving only a few people by evoking everyone at the board. If your best response to a post is to dismiss “the board” as contrarian or “the board” as some out of touch community that is scoffed at… then this probably isn’t the place for you and you will not have to bother posting here anymore because we will make the decision for you.

If you have a problem with the board or want to criticize the board, please, please, please use the feedback forum.

http://prowrestlingo...s-and-feedback/

We can deal with board criticisms there. We just want to keep PWO critiques out of the wrestling discussion.

If you have a problem with the way Loss and I run the board, I don’t know what to tell you. We built this together and will continue to build it together. If we ruin your board experience, this probably isn’t the place for you but liking us isn’t a prerequisite for posting here. If you dislike our choice of mods then there isn’t anything we can tell you that will make you feel better because we trust their opinions and view them as friends who will make this a better place. In our efforts to build and expand the board, I think we have unintentionally ignored some of the people who have been around for a long time and who we value as opinion makers and wrestling experts. This place has been around for almost ten years and I hope we have more cool features to add to the list that already includes the Microscope section, the Greatest Wrestler Ever and the Yearbooks. However, we have no intention of changing what we are in the hopes we can attract a couple of more posters.

EDIT: This topic is closed but can be discussed in the feedback forum.