Pro Wrestling Only

<Split> NJPW World - their version of the WWE Network

Sean Liska

This isn't something that really interests me all that much, but having read quite a bit about it I hope that it lights a fire under WWE to really get their shit together with The Network. The fact that someone else has taken their idea and is arguably doing it better should hopefully give them motivation to start getting it right.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dan - you can't cast tabs in chrome to the chromecast from mobile devices. Only from laptops/desktops. Download Chrome on your regular computer, get the cast extension, and you will be all set

There's a "cast screen" option on all Android phones these days.

Chromecast is highly dependent on the strength of your internet and the configuration of your setup. I could not get Chromecast to work anywhere in my home unless the router was literally inches away, which just isn't a long term option with the way my house is set up. A quick google search will show that many people have similar issues, so buyer beware.

I've found the recently launched TVersity ScreenServer (separate to the main Tversity Media Server software) a great solution. It streams the content of your computer screen to any DNLA-compatible device on your network, which is my case is the PS3.

It's not quite perfect as you get some very brief sound glitches/dropouts, but the picture is fine and the video stream uninterrupted. For best results set transcoding to "never" (NJPW World works fine without it) and make sure you've got nothing else running on your PC except your browser.

http://tversity.com/download/#ScreenServer

http://tversity.com/announcing-the-tversity-screen-server/

Chromecast is highly dependent on the strength of your internet and the configuration of your setup. I could not get Chromecast to work anywhere in my home unless the router was literally inches away, which just isn't a long term option with the way my house is set up. A quick google search will show that many people have similar issues, so buyer beware.

Yeah, I haven't had very good luck with it either.

Dan - you can't cast tabs in chrome to the chromecast from mobile devices. Only from laptops/desktops. Download Chrome on your regular computer, get the cast extension, and you will be all set

There's a "cast screen" option on all Android phones these days.

Ah, good to know. Don't have any android devices but that makes a good case for having one eventually

Chromecast or any 'AirPlay' system where you are streaming from one source to another (computer to Apple TV, computer to Chromecast) does require a standard Internet connection but your results are usually going to vary depending on the age and specs of the device you are streaming from.

I have a 3rd gen Apple TV, Chromecast, Roku stick, Amazon Fire TV, and a Fire stick coming later this week. In the case of the WWE network, the dedicated app works terrifically on Apple and Amazon (haven't tested much with Roku streaming stick). Yet, when I try. To AirPlay video from a 2014 MacBook air to the Apple TV, there are often issues because of the outdated tech specs in the Apple TV. Casting a tab in Chrome from the MacBook air gives pretty flawless results 98% of the time. It also works fine with a 2012 MacBook Air and 2012 iMac.

I recently moved and Comcast gave me a new wireless router/modem hybrid. Comcast has most of their wireless router settings poorly optimized to give you incentive to upgrade to faster speeds. Once I hooked up the Apple Airport Express via Ethernet cable, I was able to essentially triple the speed Comcast was providing on their device without upgrading.

Paul and I were able to stream the 12/7 NJ finals in perfect HD directly to Chromecast.

I would recommend taking a look at your wireless router settings. Of course, the other alternative is connecting a laptop directly to the TV with an hdmi cable and you take our the middle man in the wireless router.

Thanks for the info. I was hoping to do this off my phone or Kindle, but casting from my laptop or PC will be fine for now.

Dan

• 2 weeks later...

They did a little live broadcast last night, which was Hirooki Goto getting tipsy & Tetsuya Naito milking a beer while wearing Santa hats, and the announcement that 2/1 Korakuen Hall & the two New Beginning PPV's on 2/11 & 2/14 will all be airing live.

Kidani had spoken at the original presser of maybe just doing the four major PPV live, but it looks like they changed plans, at least for New Beginning(s).

Luckily my PC is close to my 65" TV. I just used an HDMI splitter from my PC, went to my TV, and it looks fantastic!

I streamed from my laptop to my TV using Chromecast, and I found the quality to not be as good as the wired connection.

Looking forward to watching the Dome show and all that follows!

Dan

Luckily my PC is close to my 65" TV. I just used an HDMI splitter from my PC, went to my TV, and it looks fantastic!

I streamed from my laptop to my TV using Chromecast, and I found the quality to not be as good as the wired connection.

Looking forward to watching the Dome show and all that follows!

Dan

I'm using the HDMI cable too and it looks fantastic.

http://www.avclub.com/article/introduction-brutal-spectacle-new-japan-pro-wrestl-213017

My buddy emailed me this and I figured it made the most sense to post here. My favorite part was when the guy tries to highlight why Tanahashi is worth watching, and wows us with: " He does it all: slow but intricate submission-based wrestling; lightning-quick exchanges where kicks miss heads by inches."

Oooooo slow matwork AND strikes that miss but almost hit?