Pro Wrestling Only

[1994-08-21-WCW-Main Event] Ricky Steamboat vs Arn Anderson

PeteF3

Here is another matchup that was not exploited enough in WCW. I thought this was even better than the Eaton match especially since The Enforcer has some heat on him since he had just aligned with the Studd Stable against The Rhodes Family. Steamboat's arm work here is tighter and more vicious against Arn. I love him taunting Parker before dropping back on the hammerlock scissors. Anderson is also doing a better stooge routine than Eaton was. He has great facial expressions and him asking for timeout never gets old. The spinebuster is such a badass transition move. Anderson zeroes in on the back and Steamboat proves why he is one of the best faces of all time with his selling. Anderson's back work culminates with a Boston Crab and he just lets go, which is a pet peeve of mine. Steamboat starts to mount his comeback with chops while selling the back, but I would have liked a better transition then him just getting up from the Crab going back on offense. Steamboat looks like he is going garner the victory with a top rope cross body, but Parker is distracting the ref. Steamboat gets an O'Connor roll, but MENG kicks Steamboat in the head while the ref is distracted to give Anderson the win. I liked the finish put over the team aspect of the Stud Stable and gives them more momentum. This was a good TV match and I wish we had more Enforcer/Dragon singles matches to go with it. ***

• GSR changed the title to [1994-08-21-WCW-Main Event] Ricky Steamboat vs Arn Anderson