Pro Wrestling Only

[1994-11-20-AJW-Big Egg Universe] Etsuko Mita & Mima Shimoda vs Yasha Kurenai & Michiko Nagashima

PeteF3

I have no idea who LCO's opponents are. More slob-like ring gear for them, with oversized purple trousers and wifebeaters. I don't know why I'm so fixated on joshi fashion all of a sudden, but it's striking me as odd. They look like Japanese trailer trash, if such a thing exists. LCO themselves come out with the most ridiculously elaborate entrance of the year, with a choreographed dance troupe and being carried out King Haku-style, except somebody forgot to bring the thrones. Amusing contrast to the LLPW team. There are parts here that would fit right into a traditional southern tag--the LLPW team does lots of cheap double-teaming, and even some referee distraction spots and eye pokes to maintain or gain an advantage. There's also a payback spot involving their kendo stick, and Mita catching one of them in a fireman's carry and flinging them into their own partner in the corner, which is a basic spot that somebody should steal today. There are also some sloppy parts here, and while the LLPW team takes a hefty chunk of the match, it never really feels like LCO is in danger of losing. Also absolutely no heat for anything--I know the Dome could suppress crowd noise but this was pretty damn stark. I liked seeing what the mid- and under-card joshi types were doing, but this could have been pruned and the earlier tag given more time as a result.

• 1 year later...

but this could have been pruned and the earlier tag given more time as a result.

If you wanted to do some pruning to this show you'd best call in a lumberjack. There were six matches on the show that weren't women's pro wrestling for starters. LCO being carried out to the ring was certainly the highlight. The match itself was a poor effort as the teams didn't combine at all well. Plus Dome acoustics FTW.

• GSR changed the title to [1994-11-20-AJW-Big Egg Universe] Etsuko Mita & Mima Shimoda vs Yasha Kurenai & Michiko Nagashima