Pro Wrestling Only

[1993-04-11-AJW-Dream Slam II] Kyoko Inoue & Takako Inoue & Yumiko Hotta vs Bolshoi Kid & Plum Mariko & Cutie Suzuki

PeteF3

The only other Bolshoi I've seen is a submission match with Plum that's worked like joshi UWFI, so I confess between that and this that I still don't quite know her deal. That match was worked completely straight and here we get a comedy opening that's out of a Brazos match. It is amusing shtick and probably fits in well with the overall card, and Kid brings the goods when it comes to offense and bumping and selling later in the match, being the real workhorse of her team. That being said, there were long stretches of this that were loose and cooperative-looking as hell, and other than the dive train, Plum's cool takedown and leg submissions, and the JWP team doing a bunch of top rope double stomps in a row, very little of this stood out. Almost totally heatless, to boot. Kyoko pretty convincingly kills Bolshoi dead to end a disappointing match. Grover talked about this whole card aging surprisingly poorly--I don't know if that's the case, as the main event sure didn't seem to, but this would be a match to point to to support that assertion.

• 11 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I thought this was a great match the first time I saw it. I also think it's fair to say I've ascended to a higher level of comprehension since those fledgling days of Puro fandom. Some Bolshoi and Kyoko comedy capers to begin. It did have some fun moments like the 32 giant-o swings and 'punt the clown'. There were the usual problems with 20m six mans however and the work was never that hot anyway. Above average is the best I can offer. This was an excellent show overall, but the strength in depth is in no way comparable to the first Dreamslam. Then again, what is?

• GSR changed the title to [1993-04-11-AJW-Dream Slam II] Kyoko Inoue & Takako Inoue & Yumiko Hotta vs Bolshoi Kid & Plum Mariko & Cutie Suzuki