Pro Wrestling Only

[1992-08-30-AJW-Grand Prix] Bull Nakano & Yumiko Hotta & Suzuka Minami vs Akira Hokuto & Etsuko Mita & Mima Shimoda

PeteF3

• 11 months later...

This seemed like the blowoff to some sort of hot feud, but not being familiar with '92 joshi, I couldn't even begin to guess what it was, so it just seemed like endless chaos to me. Maybe watching the '92 Yearbook will help.

It seemed like there were about a million pin saves in this one, which I didn't like. Here in North America, we're conditioned to only one or two a match, which makes each one mean more. Not a criticism (since I really have no idea what I'm talking about), just an observation.

• 3 months later...

It's always lots of fun seeing the 3 Orientales teaming. They're all such entertaining characters. There was one time when Mita was tepidly getting ready to square off against Bull. Shimoda just stormed into the ring and sank her teeth into the monster! For a 6 man this was strong and was going along very nicely for the most part. I always feel like good 6 mans are despite of, rather than because of the format. This should've been a top 100 match for the year rather than say top 150. garretta hit the nail on the head about the excess broken pinfalls in this one. The stretch went on too long and eventually outstayed it's welcome. It could sometimes be one of the downsides to the style. By no means essential but worth checking out.

• GSR changed the title to [1992-08-30-AJW-Grand Prix] Bull Nakano & Yumiko Hotta & Suzuka Minami vs Akira Hokuto & Etsuko Mita & Mima Shimoda