Pro Wrestling Only

NXT Revolution... live as it happens

goodhelmet

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have only seen the Steen match since the Rams are playing and I have a crippling addiction to watching the NFL even though I hate it, but the broken nose/blood worked out perfectly for how they are trying to get him across, and was a blessing in disguise in the same way Bad Luck Fale inadvertently breaking Nakamura's face in their first meeting was.

I hope none of the women on NXT ever get called up.

I know exactly what you mean, and it's pretty pathetic that shit like this ever crosses people's minds.

Practically everyone is better off in NXT at this point as long as the people in charge at the top insist on lopping everyone off at the knees.

First exposure to an NXT Takeover event. Completely blown away! Not everything 100% clicked, but the stuff with build paid off big time. What a great main event and post match angle! As mentioned, doing it after the copyright was amazing! So, so happy for Generico and Steen! I'm still coming to terms with the idea that two guys I got to see in a Knights of Columbus Hall in Vanier, Ontario (about a 10 minute drive) are about to have a main event feud in the biggest company's development territory.

That was a great show. It's amazing that NXT has any relation to WWE. The Owens debut was tremendous with the blood making it even better. The tag matches were both fun, but Balor's getup was completely ridiculous. Charlotte-Sasha was pretty good. The main event, celebration, and closing angle were all really great. Awesome show.

I learned tonight to NEVER turn off NXT until it goes black. I the last image I saw was Owens and Sami embracing on the ramp. I then promptly killed The Network and started doing other things. I come into this thread and people are talking about shit happening after the logo and Regal being pissed. Its amazing how NXT managed to make every second of the broadcast count and made people like me (who thought he saw the whole damn show) feel stupid for tuning out even a few seconds early. That's how you book must watch wrestling. Next NXT show I will be paying attention from start to finish and will not kill the stream until I see it go black and WWE begins the air of The Network's next content.

A very good showing by everyone involved! I also love the crowd getting themselves over but also having fucking fun. A "We Want KENTA!" chant was quickly booed and replaced with chants for Hideo. This is how I like to see/hear crowds. Yes we know you are smart, but god-damn have fun. NXT crowds are good with this unlike a lot of indie crowds. The Fight Owens Fight chants were great- again- having fun and not trying to get yourself over actually makes you appears smarter in the 21st century...wow! My mind is still processing Owens, Zayn, Hideo, Finn Balor, Neville, and Calisto all being on the same show, being booked like stars, and looking like stars.

Everything I hoped for and more. Top to bottom it's the best show WWE produced all year long. Owens coming in as a top-level guy right off the bat is what I was hoping for, and he can definitely carry a program with Zayn.

The theory about how Triple H is behind all this and deciding to make this his own brand as opposed to a developmental brand might start to pay off because even back when NXT was en vogue, their roster was never this stacked. For guys where you thought there would be overkill, they've toned it down a ton. I haven't regularly tuned in to Raw or SmackDown! for a good couple months now and it's because it really doesn't hold a candle to what NXT is doing on a regular basis.

Fantastic stuff. Haven't been this amped about wrestling in a while.

Very fun show. I found the Zayn/Neville match a bit slow and lacking as I watched it, but after thinking about it for a few minutes and seeing the big picture, I realize it told a damn good story. And that's not even counting the fantastic Owens turn, which I called mere seconds before it happened, just because I wondered why Owens came out to hug Zayn again. I thought, either this guy is a major spotlight hog or he's turning. Still an awesome and unexpected moment though, because I didn't think we'd get this feud so quickly. Can't wait!

Speaking of turns, I was actually rooting for one from Finn Balor or Hideo Itami during their match, because a rivalry between them is a lot more interesting to me than anything they can do as a team. I bet we'll get that split eventually, and some awesome matches after that.

The Ascension doesn't do much for me, and the Lucha Dragons feel like a WCW Thunder jobber team.

Balor clearly had the best entrance of the night (almost ruined by the announcers idiotically praising Balor's "creativity" until someone presumably yelled into their earpieces and told them to emphasize the mind game aspect instead), but The Vaudevillians were a close second with a really cool and creative (there's that word again) entrance that made me pop. I was hoping they'd beat the Thunder Lizards.

I couldn't tell who was supposed to be face and heel between Charlotte and Sasha Banks, but I was rooting for Sasha.

None of the matches were five-star classics, but this was a fast, fun show that actually felt important - something that can be rare at times for the WWE - because there were several major developments, new stars established, a feel-good title change, and an awesome ending. I walked away feeling very satisfied, and what more can you ask for?