Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TLC: Tables, Ladders, & Chairs

Exposer

No no, Michael clearly stated short circuit, so I believe we have Dean's Royal Rumble opponent figured...

movie_robots_3.jpg

Johnny Five is alive! Well, I did hear that a re-make is in the works. Maybe a pro wrestling tie-in like Capital Combat: The Return of Robocop is in order.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anybody else find this PPV uncomfortable to watch? Normally, I love stiffness, but I guess I have not watched garbage matches in forever. It seemed like concussion city all last night. How Harper did not break his arm on the dive or Ziggler being able to continue after the catapult in the ladder? Damn! They just went all out with absolute, brutal and unmitigated violence. I guess that is what you have to do when booking does not give you a hook for actually having a ladder match. I don't particularly like Ziggler working the mid-90s Savage formula especially his 0 to 60 comebacks, but it is definitely over. It is refreshing to have a very sympathetic, non-Superman babyface. I prefer him over Ambrose and I know I am in the minority, but if somebody is going to Bryan this year's WM build I rather him than Ambrose and his Dick Murdoch-wannabe facial expressions.

Miz/Mizdow vs Usos was just there. Credit to Mizdow he is still coming up with funny spots. I really liked the Naomi angle especially the Uso slapping the Miz's headset off. They could have a real heated match with the Miz and while working in Mizdow's comedy and it could have been off the charts great. It would have required a deft hand, but they really could have done something special. My brother had a question: Is one Uso better than the other? We can't tell them apart and if there is any board that would have an opinion on this it is Pro Wrestling Only, BABY!

Show vs Rowan -again just a really violent and painful looking match. Show did not get out of the way in time for the stairs and FUCK did that look like it hurt. You could tell how pissed he was. Rowan is so fucking awkward in the ring. Definitely could be useful in a tag setting, but singles, I am not seeing it.

Cena vs Rollins was a lots of fun. I am a sucker for these overbooked clusterfucks. This was the perfect amount that kept you revved up the whole time. I wish we got to see a little bit more Rollins bumping around. Cena is the greatest possum of all time. Dude hits the deadfish pose and then BOOM FU! Cena is not always like that, but he can be lazy sometimes. J&J Security, Big Show and Reigns all used excellently. Reigns is awesome at run-ins and hitting the Superman Punch. It is really the source of his heat. Forget Goldberg, he is 911. Ziggler & Reigns is the best babyface tag team on the roster if they just put them together.

Nikki is awesome; I am dedicated to watching her matches. AJ is scary skinny.

Ryback and Kane again walloping each other with the chair trying to get people to care. Feed Me More is reassuring and I hope The Big Guy continues to succeed. The upper midcard babyface roster is getting crowded with Ambrose, Ziggler, Ryback, Reigns and a returning Orton. They need heels stat.

Rusev vs Swagger, I ate dinner. I love Rusev, but this really felt like been there done that.

Wyatt vs Ambrose, Ambrose made a bunch of funny faces because HE IS UNPREDICTABLE~! How will he contort his face next??? Only Dean Knows! He is not a Dick Murdoch-wananbe, he is the Modern Day Dick Slater! Nobody could match Ziggler/Harper's violence. Cena/Rollins did not try and that's why that match stands out. Ambrose and Wyatt needed to make their match feel more realistic and gritty. It was a way that they could have stood out from the pack, but they just did Ziggler/Harper lite. The hologram finish was worse from a booking perspective because why the fuck Wyatt attacked Ambrose, but I accept it as a part of wrestling logic. If properly explained, I would have not explain. The fact a TV exploded because he yanked the wires too hard. You have got to be shitting me.

TLC ultimately does suffer from the fact that all the big gimmick matches come off as the same, but look at Spring Stampede 1994. There are three brawls on the show: Rhodes/Buck, Cactus&Payne/Nasties and Vader/Boss. All three are varying degrees of great and feel different. Pretty much everybody tonight besides Cena/Rollins went for Cactus&Payne/Nasties and that is what brawls and gimmick matches have turned into. Show/Rowan was kinda Vader/Boss, but the stairs kinda fucked them up. However, the show could have benefited greatly from the Rhodes/Buck dynamic of a personal feud settled by violent means and that does not mean holy shit bumps, but something that hits you in the gut and says fuck that Ambrose hates that Bray Wyatt and is going to try to maim him. Show peaked with the opener and Cena/Rollins was fun. It could have benefited from a more straight wrestling match to break up the pacing better.

TLC ultimately does suffer from the fact that all the big gimmick matches come off as the same....

It could have benefited from a more straight wrestling match to break up the pacing better.

I am not even sure why they went all 'Extreme Rules' with it this year. I don't seem to remember them making EVERY match a gimmick match on the TLC PPVs in the past.

TLC ultimately does suffer from the fact that all the big gimmick matches come off as the same....

It could have benefited from a more straight wrestling match to break up the pacing better.

I am not even sure why they went all 'Extreme Rules' with it this year. I don't seem to remember them making EVERY match a gimmick match on the TLC PPVs in the past.

They had the tag match, women and a Rusev match to break up the five gimmick matches, but none of which were really able to cleanse my palate. My point was they were all weapons-based gimmick matches. At Extreme Rules, you usually get a stipulation or two that will be different enough to separate (Cage, Ladder, Street Fight, are different enough). I feel like this past Extreme Rules only half the card was gimmick matches, but I could be remembering wrong. It is more of the lack of variety in how all were weapons matches that killed the PPV by the end for me.

In 2010 they did all gimmick matches except one (Santino/Kozlov vs Gabriel/Slater), using two of the same stips as they had LayCool vs Beth & Natalya and Orton/Miz both tables matches, Morrison/Sheamus and Kofi/Swagger/Ziggler both ladder matches, then Edge/Kane/Alberto/Rey in the TLC and headlined with Cena/Barrett chairs match. While last year they did the opposite and didn't do any of the T, L, or C and just left the one TLC match for Cena/Orton.