Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestlemania XXXII - Thinking Ahead

Fantastic

So XXXII is scheduled for the AT&T Stadium in Dallas, TX, that's a big ass stadium (100,000 capacity).

My initial predictions?

- WWE will announce The Undertaker as the headline Hall of Famer sometime after Wrestlemania this year. I suspect (if Sting gets his way) that Taker vs. Sting will be set in motion following XXXI and this will be billed as Taker's retirement match, not explicitly as a "retirement", but enough for us to fill in the blanks. If not Sting, it's probably going to be John Cena.

- If Cena is the chosen opponent, I'd expect the match to close the show.

- Taker will do the HOF speech in semi-character. He'll probably mix in some kayfabe elements, but be speaking as Mark Calaway for the most part.

- Austin involved in some non-wrestling capacity. Possibly as the special guest host, or maybe as a guest referee.

- Seth Rollins will walk in as champion.

Is that for 31 or 32 Steven?

Sorry, 31, didn't read title well enough.

Man, 32 is so far off, hard to predict. Taker in HOF, Austin involvement are good bets. Anything outside of that would be silly to predict.

What I would love is for Rusev to be the dominant heel champion for at least ten months coming into this.

There's quite a bit of Mania talk at the end of the big WWE thread. Maybe those replies could be moved to this thread?

If you like (Bat signalling mods)... I haven't been in there recently, but Dave's talk about Wyatt/Taker this year got me thinking about where they are going to go next year, given it's a more appropriate location for Taker to end his career.

Why is this a thread? People can't even predict more than one or two matches for 31 yet. And why are we still fantasy booking Undertaker situations?

I disagree, I reckon most people here could predict the entire 31 card with 70% accuracy. And it's not fantasy booking as such, it's quite realistic, given the fact that WWE needs a big drawing point for 32, given the location and the size of the venue (not to mention, incentive for network subscribers in the midst of dwindling TV viewing figures).

Taker looked terrible in the last picture that was taken of him recently.

Taker's looked pretty awful in photos taken outside of the ring, for the most part, since 2011. Lots of guys look like shit when they are on the bench or come off the road for any significant amount of time. Remember how badly Ric Flair aged in the couple of years after he retired following WM 24?

I think it's a combination of cessation of certain supplements, coupled with old injuries and wear and tear from the road catching up with them.

Not to go too far off topic, but Ric Flair started looking bad long before the WM 24 retirement. Sometime in 2004 or 2005 it seemed like he just started aging in dog years because he still looked like RIC FLAIR when he showed in 2003 but it didn't last too long.

He had the plastic surgeries done around 2004, right?

Kind of a shame they blew so many Texas legends before they ever ran the HOF in Dallas, especially doing the Funks and the Von Erichs in the same year in Houston. It's not like Vince didn't see Mania in Jerryworld flash in front of his eyes the moment the blueprints were made. Freebirds seem obvious enough, but it would have been neat to do both at once. Hansen doesn't seem like a typical candidate for one of the underneath spots, but they did bring him in to induct, so maybe there's a chance. Barry? Dustin if he ever retires? (gulp) Layfield?

Personally I think its absolutely disguisting we are coming up to january and we havent had a WWE Championship match since September. Just terrible booking and while fans bashed how Rocky had the belt least when he won it he was actually defending it in Feb and Mania.

Just because they want to push Roman as the big guy who can finally be the one to take Lesnar down. Im not so convinced.