Pro Wrestling Only

[1996-11-18-GAEA-Best of Ones Wrestle] Chigusa Nagayo & Sonoko Kato vs KAORU & Meiko Satomura

PeteF3

• 4 months later...

I liked this better than the other tag from this show, for the contrast in styles. Nagayo & Kato are all about power and brutality, and Kaoru & Satomura have to counter with a bunch of high-flying and flashiness. "Big vs. little" is possibly my favorite wrestling style because it's an almost foolproof way of putting on a compelling match, and they pull it off here. Nagayo throws some of the sickest suplexes you'll ever see in joshi, Satomura is her usual excitable self, and Kaoru offers some truly gorgeous flying moves and roll-ups. Finish may come a *little* too easily for guess-who considering how much they were on the ropes down the stretch, but this is one of GAEA's better straight tags so far.

Also, I love the announcers' call of "MONKEEYY!" every time Satomura does her running arm-wave.

• GSR changed the title to [1996-11-18-GAEA-Best of Ones Wrestle] Chigusa Nagayo & Sonoko Kato vs KAORU & Meiko Satomura