Pro Wrestling Only

When was Vince McMahon first acknowledged on-air as WWF owner?

BigBadMick

In the USWA, AFAIK, he only referred to himself as "the voice of the World Wrestling Federation."

The earliest on-camera acknowledgment I remember was at the Michael Landon Awards, clips of which were shown on Raw with "WWF owner" or something on a graphic under Vince's name. And that may have actually been before the USWA run anyway--this was during Hogan's short second run with the company.

The earliest hard, kayfabe acknowledging was indeed the Ross shoot promo.

On the 6.25.1984 episode of Tuesday Night Titans they show footage of Vince accepting an award from MSG on behalf of his deceased father. They all but specifically state that Vince Jr. is the promoter of the WWF and mention that three generations of McMahons have promoted wrestling in the Garden and reference Vince's father and grandfather.

Did Diesel outright say it on Raw the night after SS '95 or just allude to it?

It certainly wasn't the first, but the funniest allusion I remember was Henry Godwinn of all people on Raw in '97. He started pointing at Vince after a loss and screaming "this is all your fault"! Vince completely no-sold it from the commentary booth, starting to laugh and saying "I guess everything's my fault".