Pro Wrestling Only

[2015-01-04-NJPW-Wrestle Kingdom 9] Minoru Suzuki vs Kazushi Sakuraba (UWFI Rules)

Loss

This was pretty far from a traditional shoot-style match, although there were elements of it that were there. If you can get past that, I still think this is good. It wasn't the match I expected it to be, but it was a fun spectacle anyway. I'm guessing this is a nostalgia style at this point more than anything.

My issue with this match was it's length and the abruptness of the finish.

I thought it was building nicely, and I was really starting to get into it when - all of the sudden - it was over. I thought it could have easily gone another 7-10 minutes. That's what kept it from being very good/potentially great instead of fair/somewhat forgetable.

I loved UWF/UWF-I/KINGDOM and Pancrase, RINGS etc. I had really been looking forward to this match and was mildly disappointed with it's placement on the card and lack of time. I would have prefered to see Saku go over too...Suzuki has always annoyed the hell out of me with his ridiculous facial expressions. He's like a joke I just never got.

On a personal note, I would have been even happier to see them bring Kiyoshi Tamura in, if they were doing a UWF-I style match. What ever happened to that guy?

• GSR changed the title to [2015-01-04-NJPW-Wrestle Kingdom 9] Minoru Suzuki vs Kazushi Sakuraba (UWFI Rules)