Pro Wrestling Only

Royal Rumble 2015 Thread

Fantastic

Royal-Rumble-Main-Event-645x370.jpg

Announced Card

- The New Day (Big E, Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods) vs. Cesaro, Tyson Kidd and Adam Rose

- The New Age Outlaws (Road Dogg and Billy Gunn) vs. The Ascension (Konnor and Viktor)

- Paige and Natalya vs. The Bella Twins (Brie Bella and Nikki Bella)

- The Usos (Jimmy Uso and Jey Uso) © vs. The Miz and Damien Mizdow (WWE Tag Team Titles)

- Brock Lesnar © vs. John Cena vs. Seth Rollins (WWE World Heavyweight Title)

- 30-man Royal Rumble match

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave is saying the following in the latest WON Radio that:

If The Rock is in the Rumble itself, then he's winning it, or will be taken out of the match by the intended Mania opponent.

They aren't doing Rusev vs Rock at Wrestlemania.

That makes sense. They aren't going to pay Rock's mindblowing fee for a match against Rusev. No, it's probably going to be Brock (which means Brock will probably lose the title tonight), if indeed Rock has returned for a match against Mania. I can't see them doing Brock vs. Rock with the title on the line.

So where does that leave everybody else? Does Bryan win the Rumble and Rollins wins the title for that match? Or do they just pass over Bryan again, have Reigns win the Rumble and take on Rollins for the title? Or does Cena win the title and face Reigns at Mania?

Don't give a shit about Rock.

Me neither at this stage, but you had to admit, his presence at Mania would definitely enhance the current bleak lineup of names.

I admit it enhances nothing for me. I have no interest in seeing him wrestle anyone on the roster. Or anyone not on the roster.

Dave is saying the following in the latest WON Radio that:

If The Rock is in the Rumble itself, then he's winning it, or will be taken out of the match by the intended Mania opponent.

They aren't doing Rusev vs Rock at Wrestlemania.

That makes sense. They aren't going to pay Rock's mindblowing fee for a match against Rusev. No, it's probably going to be Brock (which means Brock will probably lose the title tonight), if indeed Rock has returned for a match against Mania. I can't see them doing Brock vs. Rock with the title on the line.

So where does that leave everybody else? Does Bryan win the Rumble and Rollins wins the title for that match? Or do they just pass over Bryan again, have Reigns win the Rumble and take on Rollins for the title? Or does Cena win the title and face Reigns at Mania?

Where did this suddenly come from its the first Ive heard about Rock and WWE in 2015.

I guess Outlaws will be jobbing.

The Outlaws beat the Usos at last year's Elimination Chamber PPV and the Usos were far more over and deserving of not having to lose to two old farts, so, it is not impossible to see the Outlaws win.

Still, I think the Ascension goes over here because while the loss to the Usos didn't matter in the grand scheme of things (the Usos were over and were able to bounce back and get even more popular and stay credible despite the loss), if the Ascension loses, you might as well as release them because I don't see them "getting hot" as dominating heels if they can't dominate two retirees.

The undercard definitely leaves much to be desired - especially as you have the talent represented in the undercard that could've actually produced some good action. For example, get rid of Adam Rose and Big E, and that 6-man turns into what would probably be a great 10-minute sprint to kickoff the show. Drop one of the other tag team matches (my pick would actually be the Tag Title one just because its the least fresh and could probably be held off till Fast Lane anyway, especially as we'll probably get some Miz/Mizdow tension in the Rumble itself). The Divas Match should be a 3-way or 4-way (not a tag).

Rusev should've defended the US Title on this card (in place of the Tag Team Title match) because (a) the show is in historic Philadelphia and (b ) I haven't seen him really defend the title all too much since winning it. A squash over someone, even a someone like Heath Slater dressed as Uncle Sam, would've been good filler, especially considering that the Rumble consistently has the second highest audience of any "Network Event" every year. When you have that many extra eyes on your product, you need to be more strategic with how you highlight certain characters. Rusev will probably have a good run in the Rumble, but to me, he's a talent you should highlight independently of the battle royal.

The Outlaws beat the Usos at last year's Elimination Chamber PPV and the Usos were far more over and deserving of not having to lose to two old farts, so, it is not impossible to see the Outlaws win.

Still, I think the Ascension goes over here because while the loss to the Usos didn't matter in the grand scheme of things (the Usos were over and were able to bounce back and get even more popular and stay credible despite the loss), if the Ascension loses, you might as well as release them because I don't see them "getting hot" as dominating heels if they can't dominate two retirees.

Yeah, that's where I'm at. Bury them and release them. Same for Adam Rose. No point in keeping any of them around.

Rusev should've defended the US Title on this card (in place of the Tag Team Title match) because (a) the show is in historic Philadelphia and (b ) I haven't seen him really defend the title all too much since winning it.

That would have made Rusev and the US title look meaningful. Can't have that on your PPV.