Pro Wrestling Only

sNOwRaw

WingedEagle

No Raw tonight, and many are probably snowed in for the next 36 hours. What wrestling are you watching in the meantime? On tap for this guy:

1994 Yearbook (up to the beginning of June)

Best of Japan 2000s list -- up to Kanemura vs. KENTA (NOAH 5/26/2002)

Jun Akiyama vs. Takao Omori (AJPW 6/15/2014)

Go Shiozaki & Kento Miyahara vs. Jun Akiyama & Takao Omori (AJPW 12/6/2014)

Rush vs. Negro Casas (CMLL 8/1/2014)

Titan vs. Barbaro Cavernario (CMLL 7/29/2014)

Maybe some '89 NWA as well.

What you got?

STAMFORD, Conn. – Due to the impending blizzard in the Northeast and statewide travel bans, WWE has postponed tonight’s live event in Hartford and cancelled tomorrow night’s live event in Boston; however, WWE will emanate live tonight at 8 p.m. ET from its studios in the Stamford world headquarters.

It sounds like they are doing a show from HQ studio style.

This is not going to work to their advantage. Its going to show how dominant Lesnar is, how over Bryan is, how his elimination was garbage, how poorly Reigns showed, and how even The Rock couldn't win the crowd for them.

How the fuck ANYONE believes this is a good idea is beyond me...

Despite their hand being forced, WWE had a golden opportunity to do something new and different and exciting tonight, even if just for one week, a fresh presentation which could have gone some way to placate complaints from last night, but instead Michael Cole does his best Sean Mooney impression in the control centre and the foibles of last night are just exposed to an even bigger crowd. Now millions of people are going to see just how boring a Royal Rumble match can be!

I think they have definitely done some editing of the crowd. Not enough to be horribly obvious, but there seem to be some missing Daniel Bryan chants and slightly less loud booing.

Edit: The CM Punk chant still showed up, maybe I'm wrong.

I think so. I am not into conspiracy theories but it may just be a transmission thing from network to TV. I don't know but the crowd feels more subdued.

I've tried to spell this out elsewhere, but I haven't worded it right yet, so I'll try again. There was a period after Bryan was gone where there were guys in the ring hitting each other, and the crowd just wasn't buying into it as being "real." It wasn't part of a movie anymore. It was just a script. I've never seen wrestling look quite so fake before, and that had nothing to do with the guys in the ring who were incredibly competent for the most part. The spell was just completely and utterly broken.