Pro Wrestling Only

The Rock-Kevin Nash heat in 2002

MoS

Separate incidents. Rock's problems with Shawn go back to 1985, when the Midnight Rockers were working a show promoted by Lia Maivia, Shawn was being the worst version of Shawn and a teenage Rock wanted to kick his ass. Most of their issues, though, were in 1997, with Shawn and HHH pretty determined to make sure Rock never became a top guy. Bret was supposed to pin Rock on an episode of RAW and nixed it so Rocky could win by DQ, thinking he gained nothing by beating Rock but it could hurt Rock. HHH and Shawn were pretty angry at Bret over that one for whatever reason, possibly because Bret had refused to put over HHH in the European title tournament a month earlier.

Is that why Shawn wouldnt lose to Bulldog in England? That was just a terrible booking idea lose the belt in your hometown being how popular Davey was in the UK. I think I read somewhere Shawn wanted the decision changed so he walked out with the belt which in itself sounded so wrong for Davey to dedicate a match to a family member with cancer and then lose especially how Shawn & Hunter mocked the whole thing.

I'm about 75% done with Bret Hart's book

His take was when Rock came in as a rookie "The Kliq" treated him like shit, and were probably threatened by him "taking their spot" or whatever bullshit was in their pilled up minds at the time

now, Bret does screw up time frames a bit....Hall and Nash were in WCW by the time Rocky debuted on the main roster.....but I don't doubt that those guys were dicks to him in their early interactions.....and I have no doubt that Shawn was a dick to him and that his driver/errand boy Hunter was there parroting it

The "Rock will never work a match with Michaels" and the general heat from when he was a rookie....smoke to that fire. Years before reading this book I'd heard Meltzer talk about this....and Bret and Rock are both people on good terms with Dave and talk to him so there may be some skewed perpective.....but Rock and Michaels was kind of a dream match that WWE wanted and Rock made it very clear he had no respect for him and no interest in working with him. Rock and HHH have mended fences....imagine how much of a douche GHBK must have been back in 96/97

And let's be honest.....Nash is a cunt. He's a "great worker" in the sense that.....yes, he is IRL a real asshole. "It's a shoot brother"

re: Shawn/Rock

there was also the promo in Summer 2002 when the NWO turned on Booker T where Shawn mentioned Rock trying to take the spotlight from Hunter or something of that nature. People were pissed about that one

Found this on another forum

from mick foley book, original plans for WM15 is Rock vs Foley vs Austin but HBK against it telling vince to drop triple threat match and also Rock completely off WM15 main event have it as Foley vs Austin Wm15...pretty much Shawn is trying buried Rock.