Pro Wrestling Only

World Domination with Terry Garvin Sims

Hey guys, thought Id pass this along.

I know most have said there are too many wrestling podcasts out there, but eh, I love it. I can always use it as background noise while doing various projects or in the car (since I dont listen to the radio). Anyways, we know there are the big ones like Austin, Jericho, Ross, Cabana, but wanted to let you know of one thats a bit smaller, but gives you a bunch of stars from the territories.

My buddy Terrance Garvin (aka Terry Sims) of old Memphis, Continental and Global fame, has a podcast called World Domination with Terry Garvin Sims (which can be found on iTunes through Random Brain Activity).

Is it as polished as the big ones? Nah, but itll give you some insight on the old territory days with such guests as Eric Embry, Mr Horse Cock himself Robert Fuller, Bobby Fulton, Black Bart, Tom Prichard, Brian Adias, The Patriot (Del Wilkes), Princess Victoria, Bill Dundee and more.

Just another podcast with a different variety of guests.

Haven't gotten to listen to this as much as I'd like to, but it's worth checking out for sure. He gets some unique guests and the shows are pretty laid back, plus where else can you hear Joe Pedicino and Bonnie Blackstone as podcast guests these days?

I listened to Bill Dundee on Terry Garvin's show a while back but forgot about the show. I am listening to the Eric Embry one right now and it's pretty good. Interesting story where he says he had decided to retire from the wrestling business and had opened up some restaurants in Florida after the end of Joe Blanchard's promotion in San Antonio. He says he was just working big shows every once in a while in Puerto Rico where Brody saw him and begged him, on his knees, to come to World Class for Brody when Brody had his short booking stint.

Just thought I'd add a running list of Terry's weekly guests

This weeks guest is the only guy that loves Memphis rasslin more than me: Mark James. Mark has several books chronicling the history and has written books with Memphis legends like Jerry Jarrett, Dutch Mantel, Bill Dundee and more.

Mark talks about some behind the scenes stuff such as the Memphis split and Lawler nearly splitting with Jarrett after seeing Jarrett's mansion.

• 5 weeks later...

Figured I needed to bump this with an interesting guest this week. From Terry:

As most of you know by now I've had a podcast with Bob Hazlewood for over a year. Yesterday we recorded a episode that I had looked forward to for sometime and I thought everyone would enjoy. However I must admit Jeanie Clarke shocked and mesmerized us with her brutal honesty and hard hitting facts of her life. She bares her soul about her childhood, moving to the states, her marriage and divorce to Stone Cold Steve Austin, and the true stories of struggles in her life as well as raising 3 wonderful children. I have always thought so much of Jeanie as person and a lady with a great business mind. This episode will shock some of you but I'll promise you may have a new role model and a huge amount of respect for this lady I'm proud to consider a friend! Have a blessed Sabbath my friends & godspeed. TS

• 3 weeks later...

Not a huge podcast listener as I don't really have much free time to devote to listening to them, but finally downloaded a couple of these episodes (Jeannie Clarke and Princess Victoria). Looking forward to giving them a listen as this and the guests appear to be right up my street.

Really enjoyed the Princess Victoria episode of this; a smart, articulate lady with some very funny tales and the two hours just flew by listening to her reminisce and offer her opinion on people and things. I was kinda expecting more from the Jeannie Clark one after the way it is hyped, so in that sense I found it a disappointment as it never lived up to that hype, and I wish they'd focussed more on the feud between Adams and Austin. An okay listen, but not a patch on the Princess Victoria one.

Looking forward to digging into some more of these.

If you're on Facebook, give him a shoutout. He always answers feedback.

The last few of guests were Bull Pain, Axl Rotten and Johnny Mantel. I believe he's going to try and get Tony Falk on soon. If you don't know, Falk wrestled for the Poffo's (ICW), Jarrett (Memphis) and von Erichs (Dallas), so you know he has some great stories.

I'm not on Facebook sadly, just Twitter. I can imagine Falk being a fantastic guest, though I primarily associate him with the Jarrett Memphis territory. Downloaded a bunch more (Adias, Embry, Prichard, Fuller, Busick, Young, Pedicino and Black Bart) and started to give the Black Bart one a listen last night though am not too sure what to make of it. From beating a young Hulk Hogan to a bloody pulp in Alabama, to claims that he could've been a lifer in the WWF, it just all seems a bit far fetched to me. Maybe it is true, I don't know, but he tells a good story that's for sure!

I think Twitter would definitely be a good idea as it's another source of advertising the podcast for him, especially if he could associate himself with some of the other wrestling based podcasts out there. I've heard Terry mention Cornette a couple of times as a friend of his and it's the kind of show that I imagine he would really enjoy. If he could connect with Corny and make him aware of it, get him to plug it etc I'd imagine that would bring in fresh listeners for him.

Cheers for the info re Bart. The fact that I had heard no mention anywhere of these stories made me quite wary of them in the first place, though it's nice to have it confirmed!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Wanted to bump this. Talked to Terry and he's going to have Len Rossi on. Said he would love questions for Len because at his age, he won't be doing many podcasts and it's really a good link to that time in history. I told him this is the best board about wrestling history, so it'd be a great place to ask

Feel free to post them here or on his podcast facebook page