Pro Wrestling Only

Ladies & Gentleman I Present You With Exile on Badstreet Episode One = The Life & Times of The Fabulous Freebirds

KrisZ

Seems like Ole used sub-bookers quite a bit over the years. There's also a guy called Ron West who was around in the 70s.

Kris, a timeline of all bookers for all the territories, would be an immensely valuable project just to have as a resource. Just GCW and Crockett would be a start. Reckon a few of us could hash that out?

• 2 weeks later...

Loved the show top notch. Regarding Michael Hayes playing a British gimmick I really have no insights except that I recently watched Wrestle War 92 and Hayes does that Adrian Street grabbing the top rope with both hands and doing that jumping squat thing at the beginning of the match. I actually thought to myself I bet he got that from Adrian Street. Then I hear this podcast and I thought well he may not have done much British style wrestling but I believe he picked up that mannerism from Street more than likely. Keep up the good work. I only thought I knew the Freebirds. I was maybe like a 7th grade level on the Freebird knowledge scale and you guys had PhD's.

Got one and two mixed up, but if I never did post my final comments on this, then here they are:

I thought this was a lot of fun with a lot of obviously love. I actually sort of wish it went into the decline even in more depth than it did, but that's sort of ridiculous in the face of all the great stuff early on. I don't have a huge affinity to Texas wrestling so going in depth on some of these angles were a great way to live vicariously through you guys, especially given the personal connection.

Loved this show also. The Memphis run in 1985(?) was a complete blind spot to me. Was this concurrent with AWA? I guess I have more 80s Memphis gaps than I had thought. That Southeastern stuff is rare, I think it was buried in the middle of one of those "Goldmine" tapes RF was selling back in the day. I distinctly remember seeing the breakup & then the refusal to cut hair leading to a reunion on there & thinking it was EXACTLY the same as what they did in WCCW in 1988.

• 1 year later...