Pro Wrestling Only

The Dudley Boyz

Grimmas

Probably the best tag team of the late half of the 90's and early 2000's.

In ECW they had amazing brawls (especially against Balls & Spike) and were real heat magnets. Doing that in ECW was quite impressive.

Going into the WWE they had some insane high spot matches that list as all-timers for a lot of people.

I enjoyed some of their TNA run as well.

The Dudleys have an outside shot of making my list.

• 4 weeks later...

No. I can't stand the act or the work. Didn't like the stuff I've seen from ECW. I never liked ECW work in general though. It was Blood and Garbage done badly.

As for the WWE stuff. I find the Dudleys, Hardys, and Edge & Christian to be three of the most overrated tag-teams (and the era) of all time. The matches were awful then and I'm sure are worse now. Then again tag-team wrestling in the Northeast has always been terrible. As were the majority of teams imo.

No. I can't stand the act or the work. Didn't like the stuff I've seen from ECW. I never liked ECW work in general though. It was Blood and Garbage done badly.

As for the WWE stuff. I find the Dudleys, Hardys, and Edge & Christian to be three of the most overrated tag-teams (and the era) of all time. The matches were awful then and I'm sure are worse now. Then again tag-team wrestling in the Northeast has always been terrible. As were the majority of teams imo.

Wow.

I disagree with The Dudleys in ECW, obviously. They weren't The Gangtas or Puiblic Enemy. Dudleys did result to that sometimes, but were able to work in a way that garnered heat unlike almost any other heel in ECW. Also, check out the 99 match with Balls & Spike from Chicago, just a great match. The Dudleys and Spike had such awesome chemistry and had a series of fun matches.

I'm not the biggest fan of high spot matches, but some of those ladder matches stuff were pretty good. The Tables match with The Hardys from Royal Rumble 2000 was pretty awesome too. The rest I'd have to go back and watch to see. I remember their heel run in 2004 with Spike being awesome too.

As for all tag teams from the north east being shit, check out the "Tag Teams are Back Again" podcast to see some good stuff.

• 4 weeks later...

Apart from not liking ECW (I'm an ECW fan, yes, I am), I could have wrote this post. Unwatchable in ECW (marginally better than PE and worse than the Gangstas) and way overrated in WWF working those "diving from high places though furnitures" matches which made those three teams famous. Gimmicky as hell because of the era (annoying sing-along catchphrases), offensive as characters and getting awful reactions from the crowds (babyface pops for putting women through tables, which was a 6 year old gimmick by this point anyway). They did get better in the WWF, but still... Bubba was the worker. D-Von may have been the cool guy in real life, but man did he sucked.

• 3 weeks later...