Pro Wrestling Only

Dressing up as a wrestler will not get you laid.

I feel if you're a grown person who feels the need to dress up like Sting, Goldust, or any other wrestler when you go to a live event, not only should you be barred from entering the arena, you should also be legally prohibited from reproducing.

Having said that, it's a safe bet that guys who dress up like wrestlers are unlikely to ever have any form of sexual contact with a consenting female that doesn't involve money changing hands first, so perhaps the no reproduction law would be overkill.

I feel if you're a grown person who feels the need to dress up like Sting, Goldust, or any other wrestler when you go to a live event, not only should you be barred from entering the arena, you should also be legally prohibited from reproducing.

Having said that, it's a safe bet that guys who dress up like wrestlers are unlikely to ever have any form of sexual contact with a consenting female that doesn't involve money changing hands first, so perhaps the no reproduction law would be overkill.

Bit of a buzzkill there mate.

You might actually kill this thread.

This is one of the dumbest things I've ever read

I dressed as 1992 Shawn Michaels at a Halloween party and got laid after. Then I sold the costume on eBay for 400 dollars. It was awesome.

I dressed as 1992 Shawn Michaels at a Halloween party and got laid after. Then I sold the costume on eBay for 400 dollars. It was awesome.

That's totally different. That's wearing a costume to a costume party.

Being a grown adult and dressing up like a wrestler when you are going to a live event, especially when you know the event is going to be televised, is basically just trying to bring attention to yourself - it's the equivilent of standing on your chair and screaming "hey everybody, look at me!"

In other words, quite lame, in my opinion.

Rumor has it that it was Kevin Dunn who ordered the costumed fans removed. From everything I have heard/read about Kevin Dunn, he is a jerk and I have little to no use for his decisions and opinions on pro wrestling. However, in his capacity as a television producer, he made the right decision in this case. When you are broadcasting a live event, you remove anything from the shot that is distracting the viewer from focusing on the action at hand.

What those costumed fans were doing was the same as somebody walking up behing a reporter who is doing a live remote, and making faces at the camera, or jumping up and down. They were taking away from the shot, so they were stopped from doing so. Dunn wanted people at home watching the ring, not trying to figure who the guys in the outfits were, what they were doing there, and if they were part of the show.

Bit of a buzzkill there mate.

You might actually kill this thread.

Never happen. :P

No it isn't. You found it witty and yet at the same time intelligent, and you're a better person for having read it.

No it isn't. You found it witty and yet at the same time intelligent, and you're a better person for having read it.

No, it was the usual Thread Killer post where you try way too hard and completely miss the mark.

I'm also a comic book nerd. I don't partake but cosplay is a big deal on that scene. It's not about attention. People like making and planning the costumes. It's about passion.

Those people should absolutely be let in because it shows a passion for the product. I don't really see it as that different than the jersey I wear to hockey games.

I'm also married so I could go to Raw dressed as Sting and get laid afterwards.

This needed to be spun into it's own thread? I was being facetious.

The other half of the argument where I supported the costumed fans being moved or ejected for production reasons is still in the Current WWE thread and I'm not going to bother schlepping all those posts over here - it's not exactly worth the effort.

Suffice it to say I thought that the costumed fans being moved was justified, and we'll leave it at that.

The talk of costumed fans is topical for the WWE right now. Not if they're capable of getting laid in said costume. If people want to engage you on the topic and If you want to defend your statement it doesn't need to derail current WWE. I'm not taking away anyone's platform . I just don't want a big thread derailed.

Now that is a totally appropriate time to dress up.

Of course, now I have to inform Jerry McDevitt about this, so you and your favorite hooker can expect a cease and desist letter, ASAP.

Also, "hooker" was the name of the Lou Thesz biography...and as such, has too much of an old school rasslin sound to it, back when sex was held in small, smoke filled rooms.

Please refer to her as your "sex entertainer."