Pro Wrestling Only

Your Wrestling Pet Peeves/Utter Hatreds

JaymeFuture

Chikara. I used to love it, but I had an epiphany. It is just like the show Lost. The more you invest in it, the more attention you give it, the worse it is. Every storyline falls apart. Nothing pays off. For every good to great wrestler, there's someone who is unwatchable. I mean, I have to stop watching when Dasher Hatfield or the Devastation Corporation are involved.

Color guys who do schtick. Once again, Chikara.

Kevin Kelly. I just hate him.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is pretty general, but its somethig I absolutely HATE. Not dislike, but HATE. The excuse that 'its just pro wrestling'. We are not talking about hammerlocks, bad gimmicks, Michael Cole, or whatever. I am talking about the worse aspects of humanity slinking its way into pro wrestling and wrestling fans jusitifying it as 'just pro wrestling'. Like its something that comes with the terrority. Oh you like pro wrestling? Well get ready for some homophobia, because its coming fast and hard. Because you know you can't have pro wrestling without some good-old fashioned homophobia. Its like fries and ketchup, cookies and milk, Milli & Vanilli!

This is pretty general, but its somethig I absolutely HATE. Not dislike, but HATE. The excuse that 'its just pro wrestling'. We are not talking about hammerlocks, bad gimmicks, Michael Cole, or whatever. I am talking about the worse aspects of humanity slinking its way into pro wrestling and wrestling fans jusitifying it as 'just pro wrestling'. Like its something that comes with the terrority. Oh you like pro wrestling? Well get ready for some homophobia, because its coming fast and hard. Because you know you can't have pro wrestling without some good-old fashioned homophobia. Its like fries and ketchup, cookies and milk, Milli & Vanilli!

Right there with you. Reading the Dave Meltzer thread has me on tilt right now.

It's a colloquialism, just like shoot style. I don't think it's meant to be taken literally.

Yeah, and I pitched "shoot style" long ago and instead use "UWF-style". We have shoot style now: UFC and other MMA promotions.

That isn't "shoot style", that's a shoot. UWF as shoot style pro wrestling still seems accurate.

I hate the super rehearsed gimmicky WWE entrances. A guy like Ryback does the same little moves, the same screams, the same looks at the camera, the same poses, every single time. I'm using him as an example but really this applies to 90% of the WWE roster. Their entrances are exactly like a video game entrance.

This 1000%. It's so annoying and devoid of any personnality. Then we they get to the ring, they do exactly the same movements/screams too. And when they get to the second rope to do a pose, it looks like a fucking animatronic (cf Randy Orton, king of void). No intent or "character work" , just a pre-planned routine that they'll do every fucking time the same fucking way.

And they'll do it the same way no matter how bad of a beating they're supposed to be selling from the last PPV or even that same night.

Someone like Dolph Ziggler will come out screaming and shadowboxing, flapping his arms all around and once he's made it to the ring and finished gesticulating he suddenly starts limping or clutching his neck.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Was going to start a new thread to ask this but found a search so hope its ok.

Thinking about Pet Peeves there are two that come to mind.

1. Kickout of multiple finishers just because its Wrestlemania.

2. Is the big one where say a wrestler who is on top and then because he goes out of the main event scene he suddenly becomes a jobber. Just for a example ill say Yokozuna. When he came in he was virtually unstoppable and aside from the 2 Mania matches where he defended twice apart from that he just dominated everyone. Then he goes out of the main event scene and hes losing to a ton of guys. Sure if its a new guy like Vader im willing to accept but for guys that had been there for a while just to put them over so they can go on to better things just didnt seem right.

Vader was another one debuted, kicked people asses and after his push fizzles out hes on Heat getting pinned by Edge who as this time was a new comer and I believe he had already lost to Gangrel on a Raw I think.