Your Wrestling Pet Peeves/Utter Hatreds

• Please log in to reply
285 replies to this topic

#281 Dooley

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 10:36 PM

It's a colloquialism, just like shoot style. I don't think it's meant to be taken literally. 

Yeah, and I pitched "shoot style" long ago and instead use "UWF-style". We have shoot style now: UFC and other MMA promotions.

That isn't "shoot style", that's a shoot. UWF as shoot style pro wrestling still seems accurate.

#282 artDDP

• Members
  • 950 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 11:18 PM

I hate the super rehearsed gimmicky WWE entrances. A guy like Ryback does the same little moves, the same screams, the same looks at the camera, the same poses, every single time. I'm using him as an example but really this applies to 90% of the WWE roster. Their entrances are exactly like a video game entrance.

This 1000%. It's so annoying and devoid of any personnality. Then we they get to the ring, they do exactly the same movements/screams too. And when they get to the second rope to do a pose, it looks like a fucking animatronic (cf Randy Orton, king of void). No intent or "character work" , just a pre-planned routine that they'll do every fucking time the same fucking way.

And they'll do it the same way no matter how bad of a beating they're supposed to be selling from the last PPV or even that same night.

Someone like Dolph Ziggler will come out screaming and shadowboxing, flapping his arms all around and once he's made it to the ring and finished gesticulating he suddenly starts limping or clutching his neck.

#283 Laz

• Members
  • 476 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 09:27 PM

Charlotte's finishers. A submission move that makes no sense and Curt Hennig's neck snap. 

How does an elevated Figure 4, which would affect the hamstring in addition to the knee and ankle, not make sense?

#284 PhilTLL

• Members
  • 588 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 03:00 AM

Dean Ambrose's terrible wannabe tope.

#285 supremebve

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 10:06 AM

Dean Ambrose's terrible wannabe tope.

Can I piggyback and say any tope where the only contact made is with the hands.  

#286 iamthedoctor

• Members
  • 1008 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 04:51 AM

Was going to start a new thread to ask this but found a search so hope its ok.

Thinking about Pet Peeves there are two that come to mind.

1. Kickout of multiple finishers just because its Wrestlemania.

2. Is the big one where say a wrestler who is on top and then because he goes out of the main event scene he suddenly becomes a jobber. Just for a example ill say Yokozuna. When he came in he was virtually unstoppable and aside from the 2 Mania matches where he defended twice apart from that he just dominated everyone. Then he goes out of the main event scene and hes losing to a ton of guys. Sure if its a new guy like Vader im willing to accept but for guys that had been there for a while just to put them over so they can go on to better things just didnt seem right.

Vader was another one debuted, kicked people asses and after his push fizzles out hes on Heat getting pinned by Edge who as this time was a new comer and I believe he had already lost to Gangrel on a Raw I think.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users