Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Week of April 6 - 12

Exposer

No, normally it would be taken as such but Austin has some of the douchiest cringe inducing crowds at indy shows i have ever been to (Pete can back me up on this) and I laughed at you saying it was the hip crowd going all YAY! when Austin's hip crowd fucking blows.

I was thinking of the cool music and comedy Austin scene, actually.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Per pwinsider and the Torch, Smackdown will be moving to USA in 2016. We will see how it affects show quality.

I'm more worried about how it might affect me watching Suits and cautiously optimistic for a new night of SyFy programming.

I wonder if the ratings were good enough after the move to Thursday that this suddenly became a good idea.

I read that basically Syfy is aiming more to compete with FX and HBO as far as prestige programming, but within the genres they specialize in. They probably figure (and rightly so) that WWE wouldn't fit in there, plus USA is becoming home to more WWE product than ever now so why not.

Hopefully what this ultimately does is gets Raw back down to 2 hours again.

So who was Bray Wyatt aiming at with his latest gibberish? Anybody on the roster besides maybe Cena has to be seen as a step down, right? Losing to Undertaker did nothing to elevate him. Anybody who thinks otherwise, I would like to hear your argument.

The weird thing is that there's no one who both should lose to Wyatt and can withstand losing a feud to him right now. They did Cena once and it blew, and Cena should be US champ for at least a couple more months. Bryan and Bray have had one great match, but Bryan needs to win as badly as Wyatt does right now. He's beaten Ziggler repeatedly this year and it got him nothing. Ryback shouldn't lose a feud right now. This is one of the many problems with booking all of your babyfaces as weak cowards: losing big matches stings more than it should. With Wyatt as a singles act, they've already blown through Jericho (Bray wins a bad feud), Cena (Bray loses a bad feud), Ambrose (Bray wins a bad feud), and Taker (Bray loses a bad feud). I know this is a broken record online, but breaking up the Harper/Rowan trio seems all the worse now that they have nowhere to go with any of them. He needs a new flock of NXT callups, but I don't know if the likely candidates (Solomon Crowe, a repackaged Blake & Murphy) would benefit at all.

The answer might be giving him a feud against someone so under the radar that a competitive loss to Wyatt would actually elevate the jobber. Like turning Heath Slater into a Floridian ghost hunter type who's convinced he can save Bray's soul. Or a feud with Goldust over who's the weirder dude. Or even Neville. That's how far down the pecking order you'd have to go to find someone worth feeding to Bray.

So who was Bray Wyatt aiming at with his latest gibberish? Anybody on the roster besides maybe Cena has to be seen as a step down, right? Losing to Undertaker did nothing to elevate him. Anybody who thinks otherwise, I would like to hear your argument.

The weird thing is that there's no one who both should lose to Wyatt and can withstand losing a feud to him right now. They did Cena once and it blew, and Cena should be US champ for at least a couple more months. Bryan and Bray have had one great match, but Bryan needs to win as badly as Wyatt does right now. He's beaten Ziggler repeatedly this year and it got him nothing. Ryback shouldn't lose a feud right now. This is one of the many problems with booking all of your babyfaces as weak cowards: losing big matches stings more than it should. With Wyatt as a singles act, they've already blown through Jericho (Bray wins a bad feud), Cena (Bray loses a bad feud), Ambrose (Bray wins a bad feud), and Taker (Bray loses a bad feud). I know this is a broken record online, but breaking up the Harper/Rowan trio seems all the worse now that they have nowhere to go with any of them. He needs a new flock of NXT callups, but I don't know if the likely candidates (Solomon Crowe, a repackaged Blake & Murphy) would benefit at all.

The answer might be giving him a feud against someone so under the radar that a competitive loss to Wyatt would actually elevate the jobber. Like turning Heath Slater into a Floridian ghost hunter type who's convinced he can save Bray's soul. Or a feud with Goldust over who's the weirder dude. Or even Neville. That's how far down the pecking order you'd have to go to find someone worth feeding to Bray.

We talked about this with someone earlier but I'm forgetting who, maybe Reigns.

They've sort of closed so many doors that they're in this perfect equilibrium where everyone needs to win and no one can afford to lose.

I'm not even sure how they could run the mizdow act as a face. Maybe he could be Cena's mascot. Or part of a face tag team where he apes what's happening to his partner. Doing Miz's moves and putting on the sunglasses doesn't cut it.

This is the one thing I never really understood with people talking about how "WWE is going to fuck it up when they finally do the turn!" Well what exactly is Mizdow supposed to be once he breaks away from The Miz? Is he supposed to continue being fake Miz? Go back to being regular Damien Sandow? I mean there is nothing to fuck up, they got way more mileage out of that thing than they ever should have been able to.

Bizarre, funny, tidbits from this week:

- John Cena claiming he's never used PEDs and that he's been 250 since the beginning on Jericho's podcast.

- Jericho claiming that he believes Cena because Lance Storm said so on the same podcast.

- Dave reporting that Afa and Sika wanted Roman Reigns to leave WWE because he didn't win the title at Wrestlemania.

- Dave reporting that Afa and Sika wanted Roman Reigns to leave WWE because he didn't win the title at Wrestlemania.

That particular item is so ridiculously weird and pretty unbelievable to me. Basically, Afa and Sika, with over 40 years of exposure to the business, are total marks who believe that Reigns winning/losing a fake championship is a legit reason to leave the top wrestling promotion in America?

According to wikipedia, they won 21 Tag Team Championships as the Wild Samoans. Did they quit these promotions 21 times when it was scripted that they lost?

To counter the "political hit job" idea, according to a couple of spoiler reports I've read about Smackdown, Roman got the biggest pop and there were even "We Want Roman" chants. Of course, this was in Dallas, a more WWE-friendly city, so who knows, but maybe the booking of the last few weeks, including Mania, has actually helped?

To counter the "political hit job" idea, according to a couple of spoiler reports I've read about Smackdown, Roman got the biggest pop and there were even "We Want Roman" chants. Of course, this was in Dallas, a more WWE-friendly city, so who knows, but maybe the booking of the last few weeks, including Mania, has actually helped?

I'd wait to see his reaction at Extreme Rules in Chicago. Pairing him with the Big Show isn't doing him any favors at all.

Reigns being the guy who runs off the Authority through hellish Walking Tall destruction could actually be the thing that makes him who they want. Poor man's Austin beats poor man's Vince. HHH losing to Reigns at Summerslam with some Loser Leaves Town stip would be a big pop in Brooklyn of all places.

NXT focused a lot on Itami this week and even had a nice video package about his WrestleMania weekend. As much as seeing him get brought up this early means they might not have much for him now, It would be extremely weird if they didn't do something about this, especially considering they've protected him hitting the GTS about as well as anything in the company for a long time.

I hope he gets an opportunity to shine at some point. Owens and Zayn is the main attraction but I'd like to see him get a shot.

Yeah, it was weird seeing Dave Meltzer put the show over on Twitter saying "that's how you make a star, hope they follow it up!" or whatever... Like, we already know who wins the tournament & that they didn't give him much shine. We saw Wrestlemania last week.

Just seemed weird to me.

I actually wasn't sure if I was watching the show he was talking about. :P

That particular item is so ridiculously weird and pretty unbelievable to me. Basically, Afa and Sika, with over 40 years of exposure to the business, are total marks who believe that Reigns winning/losing a fake championship is a legit reason to leave the top wrestling promotion in America?

According to wikipedia, they won 21 Tag Team Championships as the Wild Samoans. Did they quit these promotions 21 times when it was scripted that they lost?

There was more to the story, for whatever reason Samu wasn't originally invited to the HOF with the rest of the family which pissed his dad (Afa) off so the family was already grumpy at WWE when the title stuff went down. There's probably a good chance Sika saw how the main event went down as a double cross of sorts, and considering how famously petty WWE can be it wasn't the craziest notion.

This is a little silly but there's something sort of refreshing about Extreme Rules.

the card is looking sort of like:

Rollins vs Orton

Cena vs Rusev

Bryan vs Barrett

Ambrose vs Harper

Reigns vs Show (or Reigns/Ryback vs Show/Kane or something)
Ziggler vs Sheamus

New Day vs PTP

Cesaro/Kidd vs Lucha Dragons (?)

Nikki vs Naomi.

there's a refreshing lack of 4-ways and multi-mans as things go now.

Obviously, they could change things, add Sheamus and Ziggler to the IC title match or do a 4-way tag match (and in some ways that might be the right call because I'm not sure Dragons and Cesaro/Kidd have enough of a feud yet). There could be some merit to a 4 way with Show vs. Kane. vs Ryback. vs. Reigns for the #1 competitorship (and if so, I'd use a 5th guy to screw Reigns and set up a match for next month and have Ryback win to face Rollins).

Summer Rae had a nice heel performance this week on Main Event against Emma (who has been dialed way back) with some nice verbal work. She needs to never throw another clothesline again though cause she is too damn tall and skinny for that. The tag match from the prior week with Summer and Cameron against Paige and Emma was also not too shabby and worth a watch.