Pro Wrestling Only

Your Wrestling Pet Perfections/ Utter Love

Johnny Sorrow

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Limb selling affecting the outcome of a match and the performances involved.

2) Southern Tag Formula including cut off spots, hope spots, hot tags and heat segments.

3) Ole Anderson stomps

4) Ronnie Garvin striking

5) Mark Henry and the Hall of Pain

6) Rock 'n' Roll Express misdirection offense

7) The Diamond Cutter

8) The Big Bossman

9) ThaMonstaMeng

10) Gaining a later life appreciation for Mr. John Tenta

Masa Fuchi bending Kikuchi's legs and neck in an attempt to touch Kikuchi's heels to the back of his head, or just Kikuchi taking a beating from Fuchi in 1990-93

The Shield (add Shield vs. Wyatts to this as well)

Daniel Bryan taking a hot tag

Any well-executed Southern tag in any promotion ever

That moment when you come back to a worker you hated years before after they had time to improve and you realize they are really great

When two workers blow a spot and it adds to the match in ways that the properly executed spot never would have

Goldust as face-in-peril or a hot tag

That moment in the Daniel Bryan promo right after Rumble 2014 when Steph asks if the fans all came there to see Daniel Bryan. I know that they expected that response going in, but Bryan's enjoyment of the moment was all over his face. Revenge never seemed so easy or justified.

Stan Hansen

And lastly, Toshiaki Kawada bodyslamming a guy and kicking him in the back. Or Kawada in general, but that last thing more than a lot of the rest. His knee drops are pretty glorious as well. And when he stops early match when the other guy is fired up and goes over to the ropes to stretch. Cool off, will ya? Seriously, love this guy.

When a wrestler is in the process of a heel turn and ends up getting called out and challenged by his partner or friend. Leading to a match where he proclaims his innocence and begs for forgiveness only to win the match by cheating and celebrating like he's achieved the greatest victory of his life. See Chris Adams/Terry Taylor from the dying days of UWF as the best example. (I just watched another match in this category a few weeks ago but I can't remember for the life of me who was in it)

Lucha Libre gimmicks based off 1980's american films. Los Thundercats, Robocop, Super Raton.

Dylan's long lost uncle Randy Hales

Enzo Amore

Konan Big vs local Monterrey celebrity matches where Konan Big faces 10+ people like he's godzilla.

Mae Young

Old man lucha

Southern indies that upload their content to YouTube. Especially those that do it seemingly at random.

Pablo Marquez bumping like a lunatic for everyone in ECW.

Bobby Bass waving an American Flag in Sunny War Cloud's face as a troll on a Maritimes wrestling show in the early 80s.

Random, under appreciated journeyman wrestlers like Ron Starr and Dave Sierra.

2001 WCW

Every version of The FBI, but especially The Big Don Tommy Rich

When a bad wrestler becomes great

I don't mean to derail this thread, as this is a worthy topic all its own, but what are the best examples of this? I'm trying to think of workers who sucked that over time "got it". The only ones that immediately come to mind are Big Show and Mark Henry, and those seem unfair as those were giant dudes who got brought up too early due to their size, and in both cases I suspect they weren't as bad as they were criticized for being at the time. I've recently seen performances from both of them as early as '98 that I liked.

DDP?

My pet perfection: guys wrestling for extended periods while still in their entrance gear, and guys doing wrestling moves in street-clothes--even better if it's a suit or a tux.

Those are both really good ones. I'll go with guys speeding in from off-camera, either during a match or for a backstage beatdown.

The old Coliseum Video intro and theme music.

The Paul Jones Army vs Jimmy Valiant feud.

Jive Soul Bro

Wrestlers jumping promotions on a regular basis.

David Crockett

Entrance themes composed by Jimmy Hart.

Jim Duggan yelling "Get off my ass!" to referees.

80's Apter Mags.

Bad guys throwing fire, salt or spitting mist.

Hulk Hogan being a super hero when I was a child.

Hulk Hogan being a rebellious heel when I was a cocky teenager.

Hulk Hogan nostalgia tour when I was an young man.

Hulk Hogan still being alive when I'm a full grown man.

ECW hitting it big when I was an older teenager.

The Monday Night Wars & being able to "flashback" between RAW & Nitro.

Sting Vs. the nWo

Run-in finishers. (Nothing beats a Kevin Nash walk-in Lazybomb on a Luchadore for promo time)

Parody promos (nWo as the Horsemen, D-X as the Nation)

The Rock singing "leaving Sacramento."

"Stone Cold" Steve Austin & Kurt Angle with the cowboy hats backstage.

The first time I ever saw the Dudley Death Drop & my mouth was dropped open in awe. Holy shit!

Early 90's All Japan Pro Wrestling (Misawa/Kawada/Kobashi/Hansen/Vader/Etc.)

Tony Schiavone shilling everything. "Millennium Man Sid is 64-0! He has a good weekend!" (after being like 8-0 on Thunder).

Wrestlemania X-Seven.

Scott Hall's closing line during his Hall of Fame speech.

Old school wrestling themes, like Dusty Rhodes, Hulk Hogan or Slick. Total nostalgia trip for me.

Jesse Ventura trying to cover for Greg Valentine by saying "he's just not warmed up yet!"

The genuine heat heels in the 70s & 80s got. Especially in the south.

Mark Henry's "retirement."

Adrian Adonis still being deceptively quick after putting on all the weight.

The Clash of the Champions Wedding Skits with Sherri & Col. Parker.

Sheamus' new entrance.

Bray Wyatt's entrance.

All pro-wrestlers doing Dusty Rhodes impressions. "Pay winda, baybee!"

The Nintendo 64 wrestling video games.

The Samoan Bulldozer Umaga with Armando Alejandro Estrada.

The Abraham Washington Show with Tony Atlas laughing.

Pro-Wrestling Love Triangles

"1-900-909-9900. Kids, get your parents permission before calling."

2005 Ring of Honor.

Demolition Ax & Smash being #1 & #2 in the Royal Rumble.

The Wrestlemania X Shawn Michaels Vs. Razor Ramon IC title match. There's too many matches for me to start listing them, I guess.

The Raven character. I was a huge mark for him in high school.

Goldberg's streak.

War Games.

I could go on forever...

My parents buying me my first LJN action figures. Probably late 1986 It was Hogan and Studd. I can remember begging them to let me bring them with us on a trip to visit my uncle in Binghamton. I didn't want to let go of them. I was so proud

finding AWA and WCW action figures in a local toy store. Steve Regal, The Fabulous Ones and the Road Warriors were the AWA ones I remember. Remco! This was probably 86/87. Finding WCW ones in 1990. Sid, Sting, Arn, Flair, Windham