Pro Wrestling Only

Is discussing/analysing wrestling more enjoyable to you than watching?

BigBadMick

I don't like to watch matches a second time very often. My memory has a tendency to exaggerate things over time. Making it harder for stuff I loved to live up to the memory. So if I do watch something again I prefer to do it immediately. So I like reading posts here for when you talk about things I haven't watched. That will sometimes get me to go and watch it. It also increases the chances of me enjoying it without having the in the moment context. Which I think wrestling needs. Knowing who wins and who losses a match impacts my enjoyment negatively a bit. The cerebral breakdown of a match I find here fills in that gap.

I do find it interesting when you guys have a much different opinion of a match than how I remember it. After reading posts here for years I have a good idea of who I agree with usually based on conversations of the modern product. So I know if they rate something highly that I remember not being that good chances are good I will enjoy it if I go back and watch it. So far I have decided to stick with avoiding that though. Still plenty of stuff to see for the first time. So although I don't participate in the discussion much when it comes to stuff I have seen I prefer reading about it here over watching it again.