Photo

Is Daniel Bryan Nearing The End Of The Road?

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#41 Wade Garrett

Wade Garrett
  • Members
  • 204 posts
  • Interests:Drinkin Coors, Shootin Jack, and Good Ol' Fashion RASSLIN

Posted 21 April 2015 - 06:08 PM

I agree Russellmania. That's why the WWE is doing it's best impression of Linda Lovelace.

#42 Wade Garrett

Wade Garrett
  • Members
  • 204 posts
  • Interests:Drinkin Coors, Shootin Jack, and Good Ol' Fashion RASSLIN

Posted 21 April 2015 - 06:10 PM

I also think it's to bad because they have great talent.

#43 Stiva

Stiva
  • Members
  • 739 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 03:57 PM

This probably means very little because Cena wasn't mentioned either but, at work, I heard the radio ads for WWEs next UK tour in November and Bryan wasn't mentioned. They led with Reigns, Orton, Rollins and, of all people, Ambrose as their names. Now, I know shit changes and different guys could be around the top in November but Bryan's name jumped out at me as one you'd advertise if there was no concerns going further.

#44 cm funk

cm funk
  • Members
  • 1596 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 10:14 AM

They do split tours in Europe.  You probably just heard the ad for one crews shows, and Cena and Bryan are on the other one

It's more odd that Sheamus, Barrett, Cesaro or Neville weren't mentioned

Where in Europe are these shows?

#45 Robert S

Robert S
  • Members
  • 655 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 02:20 PM

They ran in Zürich but had Cesaro on the show in Nuremburg, that happened at the same time, so what do you expect?

#46 Matt D

Matt D

4:40

• Members
  • 10258 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 05:53 AM

Austin, on his podcast, saying that Bryan was a moron for not working more like Jerry Lawler, basically, was pretty striking.

#47 goodhelmet

goodhelmet
  • Admins
  • 18952 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 06:05 AM

Which episode?

#48 Matt D

Matt D

4:40

• Members
  • 10258 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 06:05 AM

Today's with Keller. Somewhere right after the 20 minute mark.

#49 Jmare007

Jmare007
  • Members
  • 1198 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 06:34 PM

So Bryan has been pulled from every show/live event until June 28th.

#50 goc

goc

A disgrace to Joe Blanchard

• Members
  • 7421 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 03:28 AM

WWE is rarely secretive when it comes to what injuries guys have so this does seem kind of alarming that they keep pushing back his return without elaborating on what the issue is.

I'm starting to think it's more concussion related than neck problems at this point. I would imagine if Bryan has had so many concussions that he can't get back to a baseline for their concussion testing that they wouldn't really want that getting out.

#51 Jmare007

Jmare007
  • Members
  • 1198 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 08:11 AM

How long was Dolph out when he had the concussion that ended up with him coming back and dropping the belt to Del Rio?

#52 Russellmania

Russellmania
  • Members
  • 587 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 09:39 AM

I watch a lot of hockey so I'm pretty familiar with concussion stuff.  For those wrestling fans who don't really follow other sports it might not be well known that concussion recovery time is extremely hard to predict.  And sometimes concussions caused by the smallest bumps can linger forever while concussions from a huge impact will go away within weeks.  One guy's concussion recovery time really has no correlation to another guy's even if they were caused by similar events.

The unfortunate thing is that the nature of concussions...the unpredictability of the recovery time and the intangible nature of the injury...probably conflicts pretty heavily with Vince and WWE's mentality expecting guys to rush back or work through injuries.  Like I'm sure they follow some sort of concussion protocol at a basic level but I imagine that mentally they haven't really bought in to the importance of it in the same way that the NHL or NFL have.

#53 goc

goc

• Members
  • 7421 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 04:01 PM

So with Bryan openly admitting he tries to hide it when he gets a concussion, my theory is that he got one before they left for the European tour and somewhere along the way someone figured it out. He was probably working the whole tour with a concussion. I am not sure how the medical staff became aware of it but I'm guessing they did and either decided immediately to pull him from the tour or ran him through some tests and then did so. Either way if it IS concussion related I'm sure they've run him through a battery of tests and the results are what is keeping him from coming back.

As open as WWE was about just how bad Edge's neck situation was, if it was neck related I can't see them hiding it. I mean they kind of openly said on TV "Edge could die if he takes another bump." I don't see them taking the "wait and see" approach they seem to be doing now if it was his neck. If it was the nerve issue again then I don't see why they wouldn't have already sent him off to Denver to get treatment. With concussion awareness being where it is now, the only injury I could see WWE trying to hide is that one of their top stars has had so many that he's now having serious issues recovering.

If that is the cause of it I don't see how that doesn't lead to him retiring VERY soon. I just don't know if Daniel Bryan would willingly do it though.

#54 (BP)

(BP)
  • Members
  • 569 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 07:27 PM

It'd be really strange for them to run the Brie angle from Monday unless they had a pretty good idea one way or the other about Bryan's future.

#55 Jmare007

Jmare007
  • Members
  • 1198 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 09:36 AM

So, it wasn't his neck and it wasn't a concussion. PWInsider is saying it's his shoulder that is causing him trouble. Dude is really breaking down, I still don't see him retiring but I hope he has a nice run in Tough Enough and then takes a year off to fully rest and only then see if his body can take a comeback.

#56 goc

goc

• Members
  • 7421 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 11:36 AM

I saw the PWInsider report but I don't really buy it. It wouldn't make any sense for them not to announce it was his shoulder.

#57 Strummer

Strummer
  • Members
  • 4105 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 10:44 PM

yeah another bit from the PWI report is they want him to be on TV in some way so they can promote his DVD.  That's why he is on TE.   I actually think he could be a completely functional announcer but I doubt we see that

yet another example of the paradoxical relationship the company has with him.  They clearly value him and want him to be featured but just not as a tippy top guy.  Still very strange

#58 Strummer

Strummer
  • Members
  • 4105 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 12:20 AM

it's been confirmed that Bryan is out with "career threatening" concussion issues.  The company tried to keep the lid on it.  Man he should just retire.  This is sad

#59 goc

goc

• Members
  • 7421 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 12:23 AM

it's been confirmed that Bryan is out with "career threatening" concussion issues.  The company tried to keep the lid on it.  Man he should just retire.  This is sad

It's not something to brag about and say I told you so but to me that seemed like it was the only thing it could be from the very start. Didn't know why they would try and keep any other injury a secret. It's very sad news though because it's not something he can get surgery & do physical therapy for. It's likely the end of his career.

#60 BigBadMick

BigBadMick
  • Members
  • 1399 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 01:06 AM

Sad indeed. But, as noted before, he seems like an exceptionally well-adjusted man (for someone that attained his fame/success). Hopefully he'll find something else to pursue. Didn't he want to do charity work previously?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users