Pro Wrestling Only

The NBA Playoffs are pro wrestling

goodhelmet

Not really but Phil Schneider, Elliott and I break down the upcoming NBA playoffs at P2B. We didn't warrant a shout out on the facebook page so I wanted to make sure we aren't the least heard podcast in the history of podcasts. Actually, the booking of the playoffs is more pro wrestling than pro wrestling. Check it out...

http://placetobenation.com/place-to-be-network-good-will-hoops-nba-playoffs-1st-round-preview/

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool this looks to be a good listen. I love the NBA playoffs. It's the greatest sport tournament of all-time in my opinion. I wish I could get myself more into the regular season, but I don't have a favorite team. Plus, they play 82 fucking games a year. The Southwest division has been insane this year though. Hasn't it been like 10 years since an entire division made it to the playoffs?

I'm listening right now. This will help me a lot with what's been going on in the league.

I mentioned on the podcast that Bucks/Bulls was the Eastern Conference series I was most interested in watching. Phil made a good point about it being two defensive minded teams that sometimes struggle to score so we are probably in for some sloppy ball. He's right but I wanted to clarify my point a bit.

Brooklyn doesn't interest me at all and I think Atlanta will sweep them.

Cleveland is definitely interesting but from a basketball standpoint I think they'll just demolish Boston.

Toronto vs Washington is series with two complete non-contenders that both need a shakeup.

Bucks vs Bulls has a bunch of guys that I like watching even if the games won't necessarily be a joyous basketball experience like watching GS or SA play. Giannis, Jimmy Butler, Pau, Noah, Middleton, Henson, Mirotic, Taj Gibson are all guys I like watching. There's the added drama of just how quickly will Derrick Rose tear a ligament. This is the only Eastern Conference series that has a chance of an upset.

So from an aesthetically pleasing basketball standpoint, I agree with Phil. But in terms of which Eastern Conference series am I most interested in, its Bucks/Bulls.

I agree. Davis is incredible and the pace at which the Warriors play lends itself to Davis putting up big numbers. But the Warriors will just overwhelm the Pelicans' guards.

Phil made a bunch of great points. One thing I was really glad he brought up was not being totally surprised by Pau's performance for the Bulls. I remember waking up at 5 am or whatever to watch the 2012 gold medal game and the US literally had no answer for Pau's post game. More than anything else the use of Pau really exposed D'Antoni to me as a gimmicky/system coach. I wasn't necessarily thinking Pau was going to be an 18 and 12 guy this year. But in the off-season, that struck me as a really great under the radar pick up.

Phil made a great point on the podcast that he can see Davis having a 40-20 game but losing by 30.

That's very possible. It will be fun to watch.

For a personal story, when I was in high school I saw Steph Curry play at the roundhouse here in Chatt a few times. There was one game where Davidson (Curry's team) was ripping us on the way to halftime. I was walking around the concourse getting food or whatever and all the sudden I hear the place explode. Curry had just hit a half court shot at the halftime buzzer. The rest of the game was ugly.

I mentioned on the podcast that Bucks/Bulls was the Eastern Conference series I was most interested in watching. Phil made a good point about it being two defensive minded teams that sometimes struggle to score so we are probably in for some sloppy ball. He's right but I wanted to clarify my point a bit.

Brooklyn doesn't interest me at all and I think Atlanta will sweep them.

Cleveland is definitely interesting but from a basketball standpoint I think they'll just demolish Boston.

Toronto vs Washington is series with two complete non-contenders that both need a shakeup.

Bucks vs Bulls has a bunch of guys that I like watching even if the games won't necessarily be a joyous basketball experience like watching GS or SA play. Giannis, Jimmy Butler, Pau, Noah, Middleton, Henson, Mirotic, Taj Gibson are all guys I like watching. There's the added drama of just how quickly will Derrick Rose tear a ligament. This is the only Eastern Conference series that has a chance of an upset.

So from an aesthetically pleasing basketball standpoint, I agree with Phil. But in terms of which Eastern Conference series am I most interested in, its Bucks/Bulls.

I thought they would have had a great shot against Toronto. I don't love the matchup with the Bulls because of their size. Definitely hope Giannis gets a chance to explode on the national scene more. My main hope is that they have a strong showing in the playoffs and go into the offseason fully on the ascent with Parker coming back, Giannis as a burgeoning superstar, MCW (whom I personally love), and a great young coach and fresh ownership that seems to "get it." This was a fun season to be a Bucks fan, even if the offense was horrendous most of the time.

Griz are all hurt. It is like death by paper cuts. No season ending injuries , just nagging stuff that keeps them down . Allen has a hamstring , Lee has a bad wrist , Green has a bad back , Gasol has a bad ankle, Randolph has a hurt elbow and Conley has a sprained foot. Before all the injuries they were playing .800 ball , now they are barely over . 500 . I still think they can handle Portland and then lose to Golden State.

The thing about Memphis is that Conley , Lee and Green never shoot their average from three. They are all either hot or cold. If Memphis can hit any threes at all they are tough to beat . If you cannot double Randolph you are usually going to lose, get away with the double team , because of poor perimeter shooting , then you are in good shape.

OK, keeping with the Wrestlemania theme...

Tim Duncan... Undertaker?

Steph Curry... Seth Rollins? (Biggest push of career this year)

Derrick Rose... Wade Barrett? (Keeps getting hurt)

LeBron James... John Cena?

This could be fun.

Duncan probably is the best pure striker in the NBA -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoC9_umNq0

Rajon Rondo = Ziggler (shitty on offense, but sometimes makes other guys look good)

Dwight Howard = The Demon Kane (makes me want to change the channel)

James Harden = Daniel Bryan

Howard could also be CM Punk, since him being injured and getting out of the way allowed Harden to be one of the best players in the league.

Holy shit is Kawhi Leonard incredible. I've said Golden State is gonna win for months now, but if San Antonio continues to play like that. Look out everyone.

Blazers fans are in a legit panic about Aldridge leaving for SA this off season. Watch for the crowd to chant "STAY LA!" while he's shooting free throws.