Pro Wrestling Only

The NBA Playoffs are pro wrestling

goodhelmet

So far the 2016 NBA playoffs have been like modern-day WWE: There's a ton of talent and potential for intrigue out there, but mostly everything has fallen flat and disappointed. Oh, and a whole bunch of ill-timed injuries.

Spurs-Thunder has the potential to be intriguing, but the Thunder seem like their usual mess in the coaching/strategy area that it wouldn't surprise me if the Spurs end up taking the series 4-1. Some say the Warriors losing Curry makes for an interesting storyline. Those people are wrong The NBA is about its stars. You don't want to see stars get injured.

And talk about bad booking. Three days between Spurs/Thunder games? C'mon.

Here's hoping Curry returns in time to face the Spurs in the conference finals. And here's hoping the main event of LeBron and crew make a series out of whomever they end up facing in the finals to salvage this year's playoffs.

Of course, right after I post this the Thunder do the Hulk Up with some Grumpy Jumbo mixed in and are on the verge of eliminating the Spurs.

Never gamble on sports, kids.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Now that Russell Westbrok is TDs as his average, and is carrying OKC on his back, is he comparable to someone like Onita, who was FMW's biggest draw and made that promotion work for as long as it did? My territory knowledge is pretty limited, but is there any example of a promotion being held together by one big name alone?

Also, would Kevin Durant moving to the Warriors be comparable to Ric Flair going to WWF in '92?

• 5 months later...

That final Manu Ginobili block on James Harden should be a painting. One of the best moments of the 2017 NBA Playoffs. Danny Green and Ginobili pulling through at the end, despite Tony Parker out indefinitely and Kawhi Leonard nursing his injury on the bench, was so amazing to watch. I'm going to miss Ginobili so much when he's gone.