Global Force Wrestling

• Please log in to reply
183 replies to this topic

#21 Dylan Waco

Dylan Waco
  • Moderators
  • 10164 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 12:43 PM

There really is no huge star out there that Jarrett could get.  You could argue that Jeff Hardy or Rey Mysterio might fit, but both guys have been beaten so many times I'm not sure how much they would really help in putting someone else over (plus you could argue neither is the right type of worker anyway).  If they got decent t.v. you could have someone pushed as a steamroller and then bring in some "name" vets to solidify him, but I'm not sure that would work either.  

#22 BillThompson

BillThompson
  • Members
  • 1553 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 01:40 PM

Hey, any promotion that is smart enough to snag Chris Masters and make him a highlighted piece of the promotion gets a chance in my book.

#23 Mad Dog

Mad Dog
  • Members
  • 4681 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 02:26 PM

I think it's an interesting mix of talent but I'm wondering where they'll find main event talent. I guess Styles and ADR are possibilities due to their working relationships. Rey Mysterio would be interesting but does anyone really want to see him wrestle anymore?

#24 Grimmas

Grimmas

a Wrestling Feminist

• Members
  • 7726 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 03:29 PM

There really is no huge star out there that Jarrett could get.  You could argue that Jeff Hardy or Rey Mysterio might fit, but both guys have been beaten so many times I'm not sure how much they would really help in putting someone else over (plus you could argue neither is the right type of worker anyway).  If they got decent t.v. you could have someone pushed as a steamroller and then bring in some "name" vets to solidify him, but I'm not sure that would work either.  

What about Alberto as the latino star? Kind of like building around Shane Douglas in ECW? If not him, there isn't a lot of options. Unless you can get Cavenario and LA Park to come in and have a blood feud on top for the first six months and then build around Cavenario.

If I was a new promotion that was trying to become a big deal I would be as diverse as possible. Women's wrestlers, minis, Mexican, British, Canadian, Japanese, Black, White, fat, ripped, etc...

#25 Grimmas

Grimmas

a Wrestling Feminist

• Members
  • 7726 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 05:50 PM

According to Jim Ross they are taping 12 one hour shows followed by a final two hour special. No network is official yet.

WIll they be doing seasons? I like the one hour format though.

#26 El-P

El-P
  • Members
  • 8720 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 03:53 AM

Seasons are the future of pro-wrestling anyway.

#27 Memphis Mark

Memphis Mark
  • Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 08:51 AM

I will give this a shot . If I  can get away from work early , I will go to the first show in Jackson , TN . It is about 80 miles from my home. The big question to me is will GFW simply be TNA without  the  Carter family or an interesting wrestling promotion that I can enjoy ? We will find out soon enough .

Also I would imagine the  talent line ups  for these baseball shows will not featured many of the talents announced in Las Vegas. I would imagine that the undercard will consist of regional and OVW  talent.   I still look for names like Cliff Compton , Tommy Mercer ,  Shane Williams , Shawn Schultz  , Tate Twins ,  Jason Kincaid , the top OVW guys and other Southern indy guys to fill out thecards. I would be great with having local guys with high potential on these cards. I love to see new talent get a break.

#28 RocketCrypt

RocketCrypt
  • Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 09:28 AM

More names announced, including The Young Bucks, Cliff Compton and Jimmy Rave. 

Oh, and Brodus Clay, who is the epitome of the sort of guys they should be avoiding.  

#29 Mad Dog

Mad Dog
  • Members
  • 4681 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 09:39 AM

I don't hate Brodus Clay. He's not someone I like but he was pretty inoffensive to me after the heel turn.

#30 RocketCrypt

RocketCrypt
  • Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 10:16 AM

I'm just not sure what he offers at this point. He's not going to sell tickets or attract viewers. He's most associated with being a dancing comedy jobber. His WWE past probably hurts rather than helps. If they're thinking of actually showcasing him on their television, they'd be better off bringing in a monster equivalent with no national exposure. It'd be easier to build someone who's fresh, and cost effective too. 

#31 El-P

El-P
  • Members
  • 8720 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 10:29 AM

Brodus Clay ? The Young Bucks ?

Ok, my interest dropped off a cliff already.

Really, Jeff Jarrett should beat AJ Styles in the main event of the first card to crown the first GWF World champion after six Bullet Club run-in and Karen stripping to her G-string. Ok, maybe that's harsh, but still...

#32 Mad Dog

Mad Dog
  • Members
  • 4681 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 10:46 AM

The Bucks were obvious for this from the start. I think they're a no brainer if you can sign them. They have a lot of fans, the matches are usually fun and they're good on social media.

#33 SomethingSavage

SomethingSavage
  • Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 03:46 PM

Jimmy Rave might surprise some folks, or even older fans that dropped out of following him after his last ROH stay. Some could argue that he's actually only improved since then. I'd probably classify him as a wiser worker nowadays - at the very least.

The Young Bucks are fun. Their act is over like Rover most places they go, whether traditionalists are into them or not. I could certainly see the appeal they'd bring to the table. Same could be said for all of the Bullet Club ranks frankly.

Styles has been setting shit on fire since leaving TNA. Can't see any reason why they WOULDN'T at least try to pursue him & lock him into some kind of deal.

I just wish Austin Aries - or hell, even Bobby Roode - would break loose from TNA and undergo a redemption run of their own by this time next year. I could see them making similar waves.

#34 Mad Dog

Mad Dog
  • Members
  • 4681 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 04:37 PM

My hope is all these Bullet Club guys mean that they get Tama Tonga.

#35 shoe

shoe
  • Moderators
  • 9059 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 04:39 PM

Well they announced dates in Texas for September. So I'll at least check out one of the shows.

#36 Memphis Mark

Memphis Mark
  • Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 05:05 PM

Shelton Benjamin , Andrew Everett , Scott and Cody Hall are booked in Jackson , MS.  DDP and Hacksaw Duggan doing PR for GFW . Looks like Jarrett are booking every available name and just seeing who gets over. That the way I would book it a new company . Just throw everybody out there and let the fans decide who stays and who goes.

Still waiting for Tommy Mercer , Shawn Schultz  and Shawn Williams names to be called .

#37 Memphis Mark

Memphis Mark
  • Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 05:08 PM

Well they announced dates in Texas for September. So I'll at least check out one of the shows.

Any indy guys in Texas that might get a look from  Jarrett's group. I know that Raymond Rowe and ACH are with ROH . Lance Hoyt already been booked. Anybody else down  that might show up in GFW ?

#38 topropepodcast

topropepodcast
  • Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 06:04 PM

I'll be at the show in Corpus Christi for sure, but won't travel to San Antonio for something like this.

#39 shoe

shoe
  • Moderators
  • 9059 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 06:23 PM

I'll be at the show in Corpus Christi for sure, but won't travel to San Antonio for something like this.

I live in Austin so San Antonio or Round Rock are possibilities. If the line ups are different and interesting I might do both.

#40 shoe

shoe
  • Moderators
  • 9059 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 06:30 PM

Any indy guys in Texas that might get a look from  Jarrett's group. I know that Raymond Rowe and ACH are with ROH . Lance Hoyt already been booked. Anybody else down  that might show up in GFW ?

No one stands out. Sammy Guevara  has talent but is a head case. Andy Dalton would be a fun underneath heel, but doesn't have the look. Matthew Palmer is another guy I like who's too small. If they're looking at females Athena's made a name for herself on the indies. Some of the NWA guys are serviceable. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users