Pro Wrestling Only

Trauma II

Grimmas

Kind of in the same boat as Cerebro, though I think he has an aura that the Dr. doesn't have. Some people hate on the Trauma's for their stiffness, but I love it and think they are basically better working versions of Pentagon Jr. T2 is someone who is both a great brawler and really good on the mat, so he is a bit of a personal favorite of mine. Booking, lack of footage and bad luck have hurt his output a ton in the last few years which is a shame. Still when my brother and I talked about the lucha candidates for this project last week, Devon mentioned his name and I couldn't dismiss him outright.

Los Traumas are awesome. Trauma II almost never has a bad mat exchange. There was a period for a few years where he was one of the elite mat wrestlers in the world. I'm inclined to believe he still is, but I can't afford to get my hands on a lot of his footage. It's unlikely he'll make my list but I think he's worth discussing for fans of modern lucha.

He reminds me a bit of the BattlARTS guys. Mostly indy career with not a lot footage available, cool innovative-uncooperative hybrid style mixing lucha and shootstyle matwork with stiffer than hell brawling. Doesn't show up on a regular basis anywhere, aside from the golden BTJr handheld run in 2010, but always pops up and wows you by turning someone's ankles inside out. Got insanely good in 2009, having one of the best IWRG singles matches ever against Zatura. His 2010 interactions with Black Terry may be among my favourite things Terry has done that definitely wasn't all Terry. That he is able to be among the best workers in the world in years where only a handful of handhelds are availalbe speaks volumes. I imagine if he joined CMLL his stock would skyrocket much like Hechicero's did.