Pro Wrestling Only

Road Runner is an asshole who refused to put people over

goc

What the fuck is this guy's problem and why do people act like he's some great cartoon character? I mean every single time Road Runner is on my TV he's squashing Wile E. Coyote and making him look like a chump.

When is Chuck Jones going to wise up and realize it's time to create a new star? Why does Road Runner ALWAYS have to win? How is the Merry Melodies brand going to grow when it's so stale and predictable?

I think next time they should have Wile E. Coyote finally catch Road Runner and just when you think Road Runner is about to get away like usual, the ACME corporation actually comes through and the Road Runner is decapitated right on screen. Then Wile E. Coyote cooks him and eats him right there. That's how you get over a new heel! That's how you create a star!

Come on Chuck Jones, get your shit together!

Road Runner is losing the smarks. There's constant "Same old shit!" chants during his matches

I'm glad there are people who are finally waking up and have stopped just swallowing everything Chuck Jones is force feeding them! Wile E. Coyote has been paying his dues for YEARS waiting for his opportunity but he just keeps getting jobbed out for some no talent bird who is just popular because he can run fast. Big deal!

Can he come up with schemes, put together all kinds of crazy contraptions, and fall off giant cliffs without dying? I don't fucking think so!

People need to get off of his back about the bumps he takes. It's his body and he can work whatever style he wants. Besides, he's never even been injured despite:

• falling off a cliff
  • having his tail caught in a giant mouse trap
  • falling off a cliff and then having a large boulder land on top of him
  • shooting himself out of a bow and arrow and into a large cactus
  • being run over by a truck coming out of a painting
  • falling off a cliff due to a faulty ACME superhero costume
  • dropping out of the sky after popping a hot air balloon
  • having an anvil inexplicably drop on top of him after the hot air balloon fall
  • falling off a cliff after running thru the previously mentioned painting
  • cutting the ropes off a suspension bridge causing the cliff he is standing on to collapse into the ground
  • shooting himself out of a bow and arrow and going through a pole (which falls off a cliff)
  • walking into a panting and falling off a cliff inside the picture

Batman has done like two jobs in 80 years (one to Bane in 93, usually allows Joker to get his heat back).

But Batman is a great worker and always works hard to make his opponents look good. It's not his fault they didn't follow up on him passing the torch to Bane the way he did.

He's way better than that asshole Superman. He came back from the dead just to get his win back and bury Doomsday.

I think Batman just needed to be kept strong so that on those rare occasions that he did a job it would mean more.

Bane breaking Batman's back, The Joker killing Jason Todd or paralyzing Barbara Gordon means a lot less if he's randomly letting The Riddler get over on him in Detective Comics #773 (seriously it's not even like issue 750 or 800, it's not the right time for Batman to do a job)

Our prior Cartoon Sub-Thread in the equally entertaining The poor sportsmanship of Hulk Hogan thread:

prowrestlingonly.com/index.php?/topic/14212-the-poor-sportsmanship-of-hulk-hogan/page-5

We eventually got around to RR and Wil E in there. Road Runner was face Andre working a limited schedule, a monster draw respected by everyone.

That nasty bastard Tweety was the real asshole of the Warner Brothers Promotion. ;)

The fact that Frank Miller had Superman make Batman look like a Giant Killer in The Dark Knight Returns is a major part of why Batman is seen as an unstoppable force that rarely jobs. That and Grant Morrison making Batman into the ultimate cerebral assassin with knowing his opponent's moves ten issues before hand!