Pro Wrestling Only

The Sandman

Grimmas

Don't see this one at all. Essentially the NAO of ECW with a longer stretch run. The angles and entrance is debatable on the entertainment and overness, the matches are not and I can honestly say I have probably been more impressed with more Ultimate Warrior in ring performances than Sandman.

A better wrestler when drunk than RVD when high

Well said.

I like the Sandman a lot. The NOA comparison is totally off for most of his, well, peak. Yes, at the end of ECW, Sandman was basically only a prolongued intro, but it was not the case in 95/97.

Tons of worse people have been nominated.

Worst candidate yet?

He is highly charismatic and can be real fun to watch. My favourite match would be against Sabu at House Party '98, but I'd only go 4 stars on that.

At work now, but I bet I could find 25 nominees who I think are clearly worse.

I forgot about Davey Richards and some others that are nominated. 25 might be a stretch, but there is an amount for sure.

I never saw any real talent in The Sandman as a wrestler or at really anything else for that matter. But with the likes of other ECW performers such as Tommy Dreamer and New Jack getting nominated, i decided why not him?

From what i've saw, his best years as a worker are 1995 and his 1999 WCW run as Hak. The two ECW matches of his that i like would be the '95 ladder match with Mikey Whipwreck and the '98 PPV match with Sabu. I actually don't think his WCW '99 matches with Kendell Windham (Nitro - 4/5/99) and Bam Bam Bigelow (Spring Stampede - 4/11/99) themselves were any bad.

Wouldn't be anywhere near my list, but one person did vote for him a vote in the 2006 poll. Take that for what you will.

• 4 weeks later...