Pro Wrestling Only

[1991-03-08-CMLL] Atlantis & Rayo de Jalisco Jr & El Dandy vs Satanico & Emilio Charles Jr & Gigante Kamala

goc

I think this is definitely worth watching as it is one of the most FUN trios matches I've ever seen. El Dandy & Satanico bring the fire against each other, Rayo does his usual thing & Kamala in Mexico is so freaking cool. He does so many things you'd never see him do anywhere else like disingenuous handshake attempts, bouncing around the ring in a boxer's stance, mocking his opponent's usual taunt, actually understanding tag rules. If you don't have fun watching this match then I don't know what to tell you.

• 3 months later...

This was pretty decent simply because we see a side of Kamala that we almost never see in the States. Yes, he's still a man from the jungle, but he's not a completely brainless savage. He's a wrestler who happens to come from Africa and acts like it. Of course, he still does his signature big-man spots, particularly his splashes, which look better than those of a lot of other big men. I'd have loved to see him come off the top, but no such luck. The other five guys did their usual stuff, which was mostly good to very good. I'm glad I saw this, because now I can tell my friends that for one glorious night, even Kamala was a luchador!

• GSR changed the title to [1991-03-08-CMLL] Atlantis & Rayo de Jalisco Jr & El Dandy vs Satanico & Emilio Charles Jr & Gigante Kamala