Pro Wrestling Only

Evolve 43

shoe

Richards vs Konley

The counters of counters was interesting. The match seems pretty aimless though. Just a collection of moves. Not feeling this at all. This is going way too long. On top of it Konley's strikes are looking really bad down the stretch.

Mike Bailey vs TJ Perkins

This should be a blast. Man the mat wrestling here is a lot of fun. Mixing it up with nice strikes. Then incorporating some highspots. Man their doing a great job incorporating a lot of different elements. It started to drag a bit. Should have gone home a minute or 2 earlier. Finish felt cheap, but builds to rematches. A good match in the 3 1/2* range.

Hero vs Lee

Hero is having a heck of a year. I love Hero's homage to Seattle Supersonics trunks. Lee is real hit or miss for me. I enjoyed the early portions of the match, but really enjoying the meat of the match. Lee's selling of the leg is great. His work underneath has been fantastic. That running German was sick, but took away from Lee's selling of the leg story. That elbow of Hero's is lethal. Great match 4*

Galloway vs Busick

Busick's work on the mat is so tight looking. Busick is taking a beating. Big upper cut by Busick. Galloway needs to cut the ringside brawling out. Someone should explain that the majority of promotions he works for doesn't have WWE's camera set up. This really is quite the battle. This was a solid match. I was expecting more and the finish was anti climatic.

Overall one bad match with Richards where I wouldn't be shocked that their will be a camp that liked it. The rest of the card was really great, with just a solid main event. I'd give it an easy thumbs up show. The lighting was mickey mouse, but the crowd seemed louder than normal for the Evolve shows this year.

I have a question...

What is the actual difference between Evolve and DGUSA shows? Are they only considered DGUSA when wrestlers from Dragon's Gate in Japan are on the show, otherwise they are Evolve? And is it true that the two promotions are starting to merge, or that DGUSA is basically starting to fade? Is it true that one of the champions on the show last night announced that their DGUSA title is now an Evolve title?

DGUSA doesn't really exist anymore. They're on an "indefinite hiatus" which basically says it all. The lines were blurred well over a year ago when the belt started getting defended on EVOLVE shows, and there hasn't been an actual DGUSA show since February '14, I believe.

And good riddance, I'd say. I know I'm not alone in saying I'd rather watch Drew Gulak than Shingo Takagi.