Pro Wrestling Only

John Cena - Turn Of The Century

Fantastic

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since he's always portrayed as a winner I would make him obsessed with winning. Not in a cartoony, over the top way but rather more subtle. I thought him losing to The Rock the first time after talking so much trash would have been a good opening.

You could double turn him and Rusev, although the angle needs to be bigger. Maybe him vs Taker in Taker's retirement match in Dallas if that happened? Brock legit pinned Taker. Cena cheating and then saying he "retired" Taker would be a good start. Cena should maybe be on a losing streak or somewhat desperate heading into the match so he would feel like he "needed" to win and would stress this in promos.

The easiest way to ensure the current boo boys don't start cheering him is by emphasizing the things they hate about him in the first place. For example, the corny promos, the notion of "Super Cena" who no sells the other wrestler's offence etc. You really wouldn't have to change a whole lot about him.

If Daniel Bryan can't wrestle again a career ending injury angle could get some strong heat. The best way to make Cena heel is to turn him into a modern day Mr. Wrestling II / Jumbo Tsuruta grumpy veteran not ready to give up his spot. He lost to Kevin Owens so there is an opening....

What if they run the sellout thing? Similar to "Hollywood Rock" in 2003?

I think a Cena turn could work if they took a similar approach to the Bret Hart turn in 1997. Have Cena become entitled and self-righteous and start running down the fans who boo him. I mean that's something he's always taken the high road on...no matter how much he has been booed he has never lashed out at that portion of the audience. I think if he finally did then that would start to turn the other portion of the audience.

I think the more fun short-term idea would be a shocking betrayal type of turn, but the more effective long-term idea would be the slow burn heel turn ala Bret.

"I've been listening to you losers boo me for about a decade now. You boo me because I'm rich and you're not. I've made a success of my life, my face is on every magazine, every show poster, every DVD and every ad break. That's because I'm John Cena, and you're nothing but a loser. Oh boo hoo, Daniel Bryan this, Cesaro that. Let me give you a dose of reality, losers, you can go on your internet boards and your Twitter feeds and talk about how the company is screwing this guy or screwing that guy. Did you ever stop and think about why Vince McMahon, the most successful wrestling promoter in history, kept those little guys down and stuck with the most dominant champion this company has seen since Bruno Sammatino?

It's because he knows what sells tickets. It's because he knows that my face, my muscles, my matches make money. You can bitch and cry all you want, losers, it's because, simply put, I'm better than Daniel Bryan. I'm better than CM Punk. I'm better than any of these jack off indie flavour of the month Ring of Honour no hope wannabes, and do you know why? Because I define SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT.

And there comes a point where a man has to say, "enough is enough". I'm not taking this crap from you LOSERS any more. Do you know how much money I made last year? It's more than most of you jealous little nerds will make in an entire lifetime. I'm better than you. All of you. And I've suffered in silence all this time, but no more! You clowns no longer dictate the way I'm received. Boo all you want, because ...

You see, I'm Mr. WWE. I'm Mr. sports Entertianment. I can get any amount of tickets in any arena I want.

*Camera pans to a whole section of the arena that is currently empty, 100s of fans, school girls, women, kids, start filing in*

See, I can bring my people.

Go on now, start chanting kids.

* The fake crowd starts chanting

"let's go Cena lets go! Let's go Cena lets go!"

Yeah, I love this. That's what you morons should have been doing all these years. Okay, okay, now let's try this. "Cena! cena! cena!"

Come on, CENA! CENA!

* the fake crowd start chanting with him, as they do so he starts cupping his ear to them like Hogan*

Allow me just to bask in the glory of this moment. It's a moment that not a single one of you losers who have ever booed me will ever experience. It's a moment that very few of those losers sitting in that locker room will ever experience. Because none of them, not one of them, are John Cena. They say everyone should have a dream. I'm telling you shouldn't even dream of being me, because you have ... No chance!

*Vince's music hits. "No chance, that's what you got!" Vince comes to the ring and raises Cena's arm as the show finishes.*

I like the idea of Cena becoming extremely obsessed with keeping the U.S title. It wouldn't be an immediate thing, I would like him to slow burn it. Have him act increasingly heelish throughout his U.S open challenge matches and his pre-match promos just become condescending towards the talent. He always makes it clear that he's the measuring stick of this company. Have a rising fan favorite beat him on one of those RAW episodes and have Cena reluctantly shake his hand after the match, but Cena is very visibly frustrated and upset that he lost this belt he was building and cherished for months. At the next PPV, have the person retain against Cena in the rematch and this is where Cena loses his shit and just attacks this person viciously after the match.

Because when he works heel in the ring he loses.

Sorry I'm a little obsessed with my John Cena theory.

But seriously he's already a heel to half the audience. Actually acting like a heel half the time goes against his whole character.

It's true. John Cena has been the top babyface and the top heel for a decade.

Hulk Hogan couldn't have had an effective heel turn in 1993 WWF. It didn't matter that he wasn't the same Hulk Hogan that took over the world in 1984 and that the crowds were nowhere near as into him as they were at the beginning of his run. I think Cena is in the same boat, you can't turn him heel in WWE. He could go somewhere else, to NXT or ROH and be a heel, but not in WWE. Because his heel turn won't generate real heat, it will generate "fuck you, you made my kid cry" heat from parents of kids who are Cena fans and elicit "yes, he finally did it, oh my god I'm so happy!!!" cheers from the audience that is booing him now.

You risk alienating and pushing away the fan base you most rely on to buy tickets and merchandise just to appease a bunch of people who are fickle as hell and will now be giving your top heel massive babyface reactions. I don't see the benefit from a business perspective to turn Cena heel.

So you think they'd de facto cheer any attempt to get him over as a heel?

What if he was kicking an injured Daniel Bryan in the head while running him down?

What if he did a basketball style skit and made a kid cry?

What if he gave Jerry Lawler a pile driver through a table?

There's nothing that can be done?